2009 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Acura MDX Tech. Package w/DVD on Headsets
By jenny on 10/19/09 09:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Our brand-new MDX was broken into and the window was destroyed and two DVD players on the headrest were cut and stolen after within one hour of purchase. We think the DVD headrest design was inferior, and can not be pulled out at all and no accessory to cover the two DVD sets. We think this is fail design and vulnerable to be stolen.

Solid SUV
By Will on 10/06/09 05:36 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our first MDX in Dec 08. 5400 miles later, my wife was T-Boned on the drivers side at a major intersection. The front/side airbags deployed and there was some $20K in damage. I must say I was impressed to the way the vehicle took the direct hit, thus protecting my wife from any serious injury. The other vehicle was totaled. Based on the location, and speed of the vehicle that hit our MDX, this little thing really took it well. We got it fixed and bought another one. They may be pricey, but they sure are safe and dependable.

Great choice for our family
By No1UKnow on 09/29/09 05:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 6000 miles this summer, I'm extremely pleased with our MDX. I really wanted a station wagon with a 3rd row seat and this was our best option. Great leg room for the kids in the second row and I've ridden in the 3rd row. Love the NAV. Easy to use. Bluetooth actually understands me! Love how stable and responsive the car is. Plenty of power when I need it on the highway. Tons of cargo space. Even with every seat in use, plenty of room for backpacks behind the 3rd row. Didn't want a minivan and I feel like we've finally found the perfect family car. I often take 300 mile+ trips by myself with the kids and I feel very safe in the car. I occasionally let my husband drive!

Awesome SUV with good gas mileage
By zisimom on 08/29/09 07:41 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Acura and 6th Honda product and I love it. I live in Washington, DC and with almost 100% city driving I am getting 19.5 mpg overall. That is awesome city mileage for a full-size, comfortable 3 row SUV. It is comfortable, easy for the kids and very intuitive. The entertainment system can be "driven" 100% by the back seat passenger (in my case a 10 year old) which leaves me free to listen to satellite radio. Holds everything I need it to. One big feature for me, even with the 3rd row up there's enough room in the rear for kids school backpacks, some sports gear or groceries. The SH-AWD satisfies even my BMW loving husband who drives a 2009 535xi. He was pleasantly surprised.

A True Luxury SUV
By Mibrego on 08/23/09 23:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Now over the initial new- vehicle "crush," I'm still very impressed with what this car is capable of. Lives up to the designation "luxury-performance SUV." I have subjected this vehicle to all kinds of conditions: towing a 4000 lb camper through 60-mile per hour gusts, plowing through white-outs on snow- covered roads in the Sierras, carrying three kayaks over dirt roads and sandy beaches. In all these adverse conditions, this vehicle kept its cool and did its job with grace, power, and control. It kept my family of five comfortable and safe with its arsenal of super-handling features. All of this, for a good $3000 below that of competitors with comparable features. You do the math.

Not a bad one
By 1st MDXbuyer on 08/20/09 09:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Got it a month ago after thorough study and many colleagues bought MDX previously. Overall it is a nice SUV and worth with its price. Good handling and smooth drive although steering wheel is too restrained to turn. For exterior I like front design, but tail looks terrible. Power is good, especially like the manumatic shift to satisfy sporty drivers. A typical sport SUV.

Best SUV in its class
By 2009MDXFAN on 08/08/09 14:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 MDX is a good mix of luxury and performance. Interior styling is visually pleasant but Acura should not have skimped on quality of material such as the plastic interior handles and plastic fake wood. The strengths of the MDX is definitely the handling quality compared to other SUVs.

Six Weeks
By MDXer on 08/05/09 18:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my Tech Package MDX for about 6 weeks now. I love it. This is an amazing vehicle. Comfort, power, handling, technology and the sound system is amazing. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone shopping in the luxury SUV market.

Best in class
By Buster on 07/29/09 08:23 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Driven my Sport/Ent MDX for 12000 miles now. The drive-ability of this SUV is impeccable. As in other reviews, I'm not sure it has 300HP, but it is enough. The smooth and quiet ride is why I bought it. Stereo is good, but not earth shattering. Nav is good, but has too many 'warning' prompts. Can program on the fly, unlike others. I really like driving at night and the headlights are great. Have had one problem with compliance bushings, but dealership is very accommodating with loaners. I don't like the key fob and think this league auto should have keyless options. Not sure about the transmission, which is designed to help you brake, is all that comfortable, but it is sporty and smooth.

Disappointment!
By Marisol Wesson on 07/28/09 14:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am a complete Acura fan. I have owned 3 Acura cars (all TLs) and now my great MDX. I fell in love with the MDX, its performance and reliability.. Feel safe and excited driving the MDX. However, for some reason, and for the first time, I've had several electrical issues. First, the CD player got stuck and it had to be replaced. Now, the electronics on the seats do not work, the memory is gone. The Bluetooth for my phone sometimes works but most of the time, I have to take my calls from the cell phone directly as the calls do not get through. After paying so much money for this MDX, it is disappointing to be having so many problems. Yes, Acura dealer will correct all these problems.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura MDX in VA is:

$118 per month*