2009 Acura MDX Consumer Review: 09 MDX Tech/Ent Review

2009 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

09 MDX Tech/Ent Review
By JT on

2009 Acura MDX Technology and Entertainment Packages 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Upon owning my MDX for 2 months now, I am in some areas very impressed and in some areas let down a little. 15/20 is the advertised fuel economy. I have managed as much as 28 MPG cruising at 58 MPH on the interstate. I have a combined average of 19.8 since new. On a 2500 mile trip I got 23.0. Very impressive. Downs - black interior trim swirls and scratches like crazy. Leather seating looks like it's been sat in for 10 years already. It sags and has permanent indentions. I use Meguiars Leather cleaner/conditioner and it makes them look clean and shiny, but leather still looks worn beyond actual life. Car is strong as heck, does what I want it to, but seats and trim are questions.

Fuel economy great if you take it easy. Use the cruise control as much as you can. It helps with uncontrolled acceleration. Any stretch over 5 miles I use it. If you drive aggressive or impatient, you'll struggle to get 18 on the highway. I did when I experimented with it.

interior trim scratches and swirls too easy. I've wiped the dust off with a lint free brand new soft cotton cloth only, and it still is subject to swirls. Leather seats seem to be low quality. Very worn looking already and is only 2 months old.