2009 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Worst SUV/auto I have owned
By Stanley Eilers on 02/26/15 11:11 AM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with a 2009 ACURA MDX with 71,000 miles driven 1. AC Unit had to be replaced 2. Struts had to be replaced 3. AC Control module had to be replaced (illumination led lights on control board did not work) 4. Control module overhead had to be replaced (illumination lights on control board did not work) 5. Front wheel bearings had to be replaced My best advice to anyone buying an ACURA MDX is to buy their platinum extended warranty. If you have the experiences I have had with this vehicle it will set you back a pretty penny.

Worst I have qwned
By Terry Gonsalves on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Thud/scraping noise from front wheel when driving from cold.Driver side window rattle. Dealer says that these are the characteristics of the vehicle. Acura Canada not responsive.Why is it only a characteristic after you buy the vehicle. Very poor fuel economy. Worst vehicle I have owned. Definitely a do not buy.

Not what I expected from Acura
By Papa Leo on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

13 months into ownership and I have nothing but a trouble with that car. One week into ownership, Air Bag warning came up. It was found that side B-pillar air bag was lose. Another 2 month, car started to pull to the side badly (car had only 3K miles on it), it was found to be misaligned. Another 2 month, gas door wouldn't keep close (replaced under warranty). Another 6 months into ownership and drive side window wouldn't open (window motor bad). My previous '03 Mitsubishi Montero didn't see repair shop for 6 years I owned it (55K miles), only oil changes, tire replacement, and one new set of brakes before drunk driver plunged into me and totaled it. This is my first and the last Acura.

Favorite vehicle I've ever had!
By brod77381 on 05/27/10 15:25 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX - it's my most favorite vehicle I've ever had! I bought a pre-owned 2009 MDX w/Technology package in black with black interior. I knew I wanted an SUV mid-size and looked at several. The MDX gives you the most bang for your buck.

Great SUV
By MDXMAN on 05/01/10 10:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX. I have a black MDX w/technology package. I opted for the roof rails and sport side steps. It is a beautiful SUV. It has a great ride, ample storage, terrific acceleration and handles like a sports sedan. I was considering the Audi, but the Audi's handling does not even come close to the Acura. The BMW handled well but was now where near as luxurious or comfortable. MPG are quite reasonable considering the performance of the engine. I've had the vehicle for 9 months now and have had zero maintenance issues. If you're looking for a fantastic luxury SUV, look no further.

solid car
By MS on 04/25/10 21:39 PM (PDT)

great all-around mid-sise SUV. Exterior styling wears well, looks striking in black, with the red/brick leather. amazing sound system, has to be heard to be believed. As an enthusiast, amazed at how well the car responds when pushed hard. Car seems to prefer being pushed hard rather than cruising. Can at least chase my brother in his STI. Ride is a bit firm on long trips, active damping with a comfort mode needs to be standard. Needs better quality interior materials and leather. Simplified button arrangement on dash. Car is very sporty, maybe adding Brembos, and 50bhp would fulfill its potential.

The Ususal Well Built Honda
By acurahappy on 04/07/10 12:38 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned two Honda's before the MSX, and have been happy with the reliability of both vehicles. Was looking for another SUV, but more upscale from my 94 explorer. All the other stuff out there didn't appeal to me or was too expensive. Since I have had the mdx (sept. 09) I am completely happy with my purchase. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. Has been a pleasure to drive in the city, long trips and in the mountains. The all wheel drive system makes it handle very well on turns of windy roads. My mileage in the city has averaged 18-19 mpg, and up to 25 on the hwy. Impressive for a 300 hp motor. I like the style. Don't mind the "beak" in front. It gives it its character. A lot of car for the money.

Update afetr 6500 miles
By JSC3605 on 03/06/10 12:40 PM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love the SUV. Just got back from a trip to Pittsburgh. Got over 24 MPG on the highway. This machine is very quite, fast and has lots of room. Great SUV for the money...:)

Overall, a great vehicle
By Yoshodeep on 02/14/10 07:58 AM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Having driven the car around town as well as some long trips, I am satisfied with the vehicle. 3rd row seating works fine, albeit not for tall people by any means. Nice pick up. More spacious than I thought from the outside. SH-AWD works great in slick snowy condition. I bought the base pkg, and the sound quality is plenty good. Leather seats are not at par with BMW standards. Bluetooth is somewhat cumbersome (voice recognition only). Can't say enough about the leg and shoulder rooms enough. It is fun to drive, from the SUV perspective. At this price, expected scheduled free maintenance though. Overall one of the best buys in the segment.

What a machine
By Myron Yorks on 01/04/10 18:56 PM (PST)

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The MDX is truely a SUV with excellent handling and is fun to drive. I've had the MDX for one month and yet to find anything that requires me to go back to the dealer for. The craftsmanship is something else. I would highly recommend the MDX. I have no regrets with my purchase. My wife and I have driven our new MDX to the coast twice over the past month and it handles so good thru all the twist and turns on highway 1. What a awesome ride. Yet it is still a family SUV. The MDX is the complete package.