Used 2009 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Worst SUV/auto I have owned
By Stanley Eilers

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with a 2009 ACURA MDX with 71,000 miles driven 1. AC Unit had to be replaced 2. Struts had to be replaced 3. AC Control module had to be replaced (illumination led lights on control board did not work) 4. Control module overhead had to be replaced (illumination lights on control board did not work) 5. Front wheel bearings had to be replaced My best advice to anyone buying an ACURA MDX is to buy their platinum extended warranty. If you have the experiences I have had with this vehicle it will set you back a pretty penny.

Worst I have qwned
By Terry Gonsalves

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Thud/scraping noise from front wheel when driving from cold.Driver side window rattle. Dealer says that these are the characteristics of the vehicle. Acura Canada not responsive.Why is it only a characteristic after you buy the vehicle. Very poor fuel economy. Worst vehicle I have owned. Definitely a do not buy.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

As above

Not what I expected from Acura
By Papa Leo

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

13 months into ownership and I have nothing but a trouble with that car. One week into ownership, Air Bag warning came up. It was found that side B-pillar air bag was lose. Another 2 month, car started to pull to the side badly (car had only 3K miles on it), it was found to be misaligned. Another 2 month, gas door wouldn't keep close (replaced under warranty). Another 6 months into ownership and drive side window wouldn't open (window motor bad). My previous '03 Mitsubishi Montero didn't see repair shop for 6 years I owned it (55K miles), only oil changes, tire replacement, and one new set of brakes before drunk driver plunged into me and totaled it. This is my first and the last Acura.

Favorite Features

Seating for 7. SH-AWD 300 hp engine

Suggested Improvements

For the price of the base model ($40K) it could at least include backup assistance and not being a $1000 dealer installed option.

Favorite vehicle I've ever had!
By brod77381

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX - it's my most favorite vehicle I've ever had! I bought a pre-owned 2009 MDX w/Technology package in black with black interior. I knew I wanted an SUV mid-size and looked at several. The MDX gives you the most bang for your buck.

Favorite Features

Memory seat system is awesome (you can program everything - how long your lights stay on, when/if the doors lock auto., etc.). AUX input, MP3, XM. Auto Trunk Closure.

Suggested Improvements

Push button start, cooled seats and rear blind spot detector. 3rd row is sort of pointless.

Great SUV
By MDXMAN

2009 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love my MDX. I have a black MDX w/technology package. I opted for the roof rails and sport side steps. It is a beautiful SUV. It has a great ride, ample storage, terrific acceleration and handles like a sports sedan. I was considering the Audi, but the Audi's handling does not even come close to the Acura. The BMW handled well but was now where near as luxurious or comfortable. MPG are quite reasonable considering the performance of the engine. I've had the vehicle for 9 months now and have had zero maintenance issues. If you're looking for a fantastic luxury SUV, look no further.

Favorite Features

SH-AWD, Stereo is the best I've heard, Smooth ride and acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a push button starter and blind spot recognition, but that's trivial compared to the overall vehicle positives.