2008 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Update after 10 months

2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Update after 10 months
By oscarkat3 on

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I still love driving this vehicle but the quality is a bit of a let down. There are a few rattles including a loud one from the passenger seat. The radio settings malfunction sporadically. The A/C makes whistling noises that sound like brakes squealing. The dealer finally acknowledged some of the problems but they never adequately addressed all the problems either. These are minor problems but a disappointment because I had a higher expectation of reliability. I still love all the positives about the MDX. I plan on keeping it for a while but I don't know if I will buy an Acura again?

I still love the comfort and handling balance. The seats and driving position are outstanding. This vehicle is easy and enjoyable to drive. The headlights are fantastic too. I am pleased with my mileage. It was worse when I first had it but I average 19.5 which is quite good for an SUV this size.

The quality needs to be improved. It should not be a battle to get problems addressed.