2008 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Outstanding Value

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

Outstanding Value
By Bradley on

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and test drove everything else in this style of vehicle (Acadia, Buick, Nissan, Mazda, Honda). For the money, this is the best by far. The ride is excellent, the nav is great and the graphics are much better than GM. I love the cockpit feel of the cabin and the comfort of the seating. The exterior got my attention and the interior keeps it. I have three children ages 10, 8 and 8 and we are in a carpool with two other kids for a total of 6 people in the vehicle. We can easily fit one more. We have 16.6 MPG with mixed driving (mostly driving in the local neighborhoods). Got over 23 MPG when on the highway for a short period of time. We look for reasons to drive places!

Customized seating and controls per driver, great navigation system, bluetooth is great, entertainment system is great with very intelligent controls from the front or from the remote control in the rear. Takes corners and bumps VERY well. Love the fact that not many people have them where I live.

Can't believe that it doesn't have RDS (radio system that shows name of song, etc.), would love to have a slightly smaller engine with better fuel economy. A la carte items such as running boards, body molding, rear sensors and roof rails would be great to have standard.