2008 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Great sporty SUV

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

Great sporty SUV
By longtime honda owner on

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to replace my 1998 5.9L Durango. The MDX tows my 4500lb boat + trailer better than the big Dodge! Yes, I was surprised as well. :-) We drive this over a 4100ft mountain pass to our cabin roughly 25 times a year. It's safe and stable in any condition. Nearing 30k miles with no faults and I like the vehicle as much now as when I drove it off the lot. There's plenty of room for my family of 4, lab and all our gear. A rooftop box makes I've added lets me take all the stuff I should have left at home to begin with. Seriously, if you are looking for a reliable, sporty SUV you can't go wrong with an MDX.

Cool styling, yes, I like the grille too. Anti-sway technology for towing. Comfort, navigation, SH-AWD is awesome. Very comfortable car, good acceleration and handling on mountain roads.

The only oversight that bothers me is the ill-fitting plastic fuel door. This is ridiculous at this price point. Heated seats "cycle" and don't maintain a constant temperature.