Disappointed
By richard mcmullen on
2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
I have owned 3 Hondas and 2 Acuras before. I had an 05 MDX and a 02 TL-S. I am very disappointed in the rigid ride of this vehicle. I have the base model. My 05 was softer and a more comfortable ride. I feel every bump in the road. I am suprised that Acura would not leave the base model as a more comfortable ride and give the stiffer ride to the sport package. There is a soft thump thump when I first start the car and reach 20 mph. I don't know if it is transmission, engine or suspension knock. There is a rattle on the pass door somewhere. The shifter is on the left of the center console and gets in the way of my right knee/leg. Info center is too small and in wrong place. No compass.
Favorite Features
XM radio. Moonroof. Other than the intial knock, the trans shifts well. Engine is flawless. Functionality of all the features work perfect. Heated seats. Blue tooth. Memory features. Exterior looks sharp. IPhone plays thru the radio speakers. Side mirrors adjust down when backing up.
Suggested Improvements
Softer ride. Larger side view mirrors. Info center should be where the clock/time of day is. Move shifter back to center of console and give more room for side to side legs. Power outlet under radio is hard to access in and out with flip cover. Seeing instant MPG. Better gas mileage. Running boards.