Better mpg than advertised
By Cindy on
2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Shortly after buying our MDX, we went a 2,000 mile trip, mostly freeway miles with lots of mountains, averaged 22.9 mpg. That was a relief as I was fearful it might be even worse. The more we drove it, the more we liked it. Great combination of fun, comfort, and utility. Better visibility than originally thought. Never met a hill we couldn't keep accelerating up. I am almost 6'2", my husband is 6'3", we both have plenty of room up front and in the rear outboard seats, but the center second row seat is not for full- sized adults. This is basically a 4 person vehicle. My previous car was a 2006 TL, which sat too low for me, the MDX has a good step out height and is easy to get into and out of.
Favorite Features
Size. Dual power seats. Navi system. Power. XM radio. Fit and finish. Info display. Overall package.
Suggested Improvements
1. More travel on the telescoping steering wheel. 2. Passenger arm rest too far forward. 3. Autodownshift, while great in mountains, has to adversely affect city mpg as it feels like an anchor has been thrown out when foot is taken off throttle. 4. Better mileage 5. Different dash plastic.