Best Luxury SUV in the class
By wtliao on
2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
This is my first SUV after driving sedan for 15 years. MDX drives like a sports car! Love SHAWD handling and ride quality is comfy and quiet. The 5-speed auto transmission works flawlessly. I should've bought the sport package for sportier ride and sexy sport rims but we figure save additional 2K for my kidsÂ’ education funds. Navigation system is easy to use with voice recognition system. I think it's the best luxury SUV in this class for a 45K value! Complaints: Bluetooth phonebook import only works for very limited cell phone models. Gas mileage isn't great, only 17 city/21 highway, but it's a trade off for 300HP & SHAWD, I will never regret.
Favorite Features
SH-AWD, voice recognition nav system, 2nd-row heated seat, power tailgate, HID, 300 V6 engine, ride quality, XM radio/traffic, rear view camera, interior design.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage could be 2 MPG better (V6 diesel engine is coming in 2010), 6-speed transmission, adaptive HID headlight, power side mirror folding, heat/cooling seats/steering wheel, rear view camera should be integrated backup sensors, bluetooth phonebook supports more cell phone models.