2008 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Best Handling SUV I Have Ever

2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Best Handling SUV I Have Ever Driven
By rfcn2 on

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought this car the first day of 2008. We owned at that time a 2003 MDX that we sold privately to the first person that came to see it. We now have 45,000 miles on the 2008 MDX. We drove most of the better SUVs that were available in 2008. IMHO this was the best one regardless of price. The only other one that drove about as well as the MDX and felt luxurious was the Buick Enclave. My wife mostly wanted a 3 row vehicle so Lexus was not really considered. The other finalist was the smaller Caddy. To me the MDX is a great handling SUV. It is really fun to drive. Not a Vette, but for a big car this is the cat's meow. Repairs have been needed but better than average.

Great handling. Beautiful interior. Stops quick. Great sound system. Fast.

Sight line out rear quarter not good. Ugly grille. Earlier style was better and so was vision out rear quarter panel. Brain controlling seats, mirrors, steering wheel motors not reliable. Seat memory not reliable. Bluetooth system for phone not easy to use. Switch to regular gas.