2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
My 3rd MDX
By Ryki on 05/01/08 06:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd MDX, I have had a 2001, a 2005 and now a 2008. This is the Best Bang for the Buck SUV on the road. Looks great inside and out. Good performance, good handling, decent feul economy (16 mpg on mixed driving) for a 300 horsepower engine and all these vehicles have proved very reliable.

2008 Acura MDX
By shaba on 04/28/08 14:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love this vehicle. I was actually considering the Buick Enclave before I test drove the MDX. The MDX feels much more solid, has smooth acceleration, lots of power, corners great!! You feel much more stable in the MDX than the other vehicles in this class. The interior is classy ! You really feel safe in this cage!!

Good Value
By Lexy on 04/25/08 13:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Dealer painted the silver shield on grille the car color giving a sharper look. Traded a 2003 MDX which was a great vehicle. The new car longer wheelbase and more weight gives a smooth ride. Chose the MDX over the Lexus RX. Bigger inside and out with later technology.

Great SUV
By Mike on 04/23/08 10:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I couldn't be happier. Choice was between an 08 Highlander and 08 MDX and for a few thousand more you get a much more impressive interior, better handling & steering feedback, a more agile ride, and HID headlamps. Fuel economy has been much more impressive than expected - ~24 highway, ~19 city, 22 avg with 65/35 highway/city driving (1,300 mi on odo). Only major gripes are you can't read the stereo display screen with sun glare from sunroof (even on max brightness) & no compass is present.

Luv my '08 MDX
By rt on 04/21/08 11:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced a Honda CRV with this but not before test driving the Mercedes ML350 and ML320, BMW X3 and X5 and the Lexus RX. This vehicle was by far smoother, more comfortable, more powerful and somehow more economical!

2008 Acura MDX
By v10Acura on 04/15/08 11:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The only other car I was considering with it were the X5 and ML. The handling of SH-AWD simply blew us away. In my opinion it had significatnly less body roll then even the others. The ride is very confidence-inspiring in rain, sun and snow. The sound system is absolutely incredible. Furthermore, I for one also really like the knob instead of touchscreen navigation. I find that the engine power is good from a standstill, but could use more power for passing. Certain speeds dont allow you to shift down to reach high revs required for optimal torque. As such sometimes you dont get sufficient acceleration. i also really like the styling.

Love this car!
By tammyd on 04/12/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I owned an MDX before purchasing the 2008 with the new body style and roomier interior. I opted for the loaded version. I think the joystick navigation is wonderful and so much easier to use. I also love the new body style. The inside is roomier than the older version. With trying to stay in the midsize SUV and having a 3rd row seat, this can't be beat. The 3rd row folds down flat for lots of cargo space when not using the 3rd row. Also, with the position of the handles now being in the middle instead of the top of the seats, it is much easier to pull the seats up when using the 3rd row. One simple tug and "presto" - extra seating. Great buy! You'll love it!

Very Pleased
By Better than the lex on 04/10/08 06:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Coming from an 05 Lexus RX, this is a significant improvement. The MDX feels solid on the road. Handles firm but comfortable on the highway. Havent had a chance to check it out in the snow but looking forward to it. Gas mileage could be better but its got 300 horses, cant have everything. Nav system is a big plus. Easy to use and comes with bluetooth and a very good sound system in the package.

Wouldn't want anything else
By Big Fan! on 03/29/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned (and loved) an '01 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Looked at another JGC and found out that mine was superior to the current JGCs. I shopped BMW, Infiniti, Lexjus, BMW X5. MDX is easiest and most comfortable car or SUV I have ever owned, very quiet and smooth. Navi took practice, but now is easy to operate. I won't own another car that doesn't have it. AWD is like you're on rails. Stereo is second to none & iPod adapter is simple. I don't use XM or real-time traffic, but I would b/c they were great during the free trial period.

Performance with Style
By seamas on 03/07/08 11:26 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The experience in driving the MDX is in a category altogether different to any other SUV I have driven. The handling is superb and when coupled with the comfort and styling of the interior makes it an exhilarating and luxurious experience which was unexpected.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.