Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Better mpg than advertised
By Cindy

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Shortly after buying our MDX, we went a 2,000 mile trip, mostly freeway miles with lots of mountains, averaged 22.9 mpg. That was a relief as I was fearful it might be even worse. The more we drove it, the more we liked it. Great combination of fun, comfort, and utility. Better visibility than originally thought. Never met a hill we couldn't keep accelerating up. I am almost 6'2", my husband is 6'3", we both have plenty of room up front and in the rear outboard seats, but the center second row seat is not for full- sized adults. This is basically a 4 person vehicle. My previous car was a 2006 TL, which sat too low for me, the MDX has a good step out height and is easy to get into and out of.

Size. Dual power seats. Navi system. Power. XM radio. Fit and finish. Info display. Overall package.

1. More travel on the telescoping steering wheel. 2. Passenger arm rest too far forward. 3. Autodownshift, while great in mountains, has to adversely affect city mpg as it feels like an anchor has been thrown out when foot is taken off throttle. 4. Better mileage 5. Different dash plastic.

Brake Rotor Problems
By Brake Problems

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX is mostly a pleasant SUV to drive and own. However, I was surprised when I had problems with the brake rotors at a low mileage and Acura told me that I "brake too hard" and I would "burn" the rotors because of my driving style. Well, I am a rather slow driver and 70 % of my driving is highway driving. I have had 4 Toyota SUVs prior to this one and never had a brake issue. Could there be a quality issue with the rotors on the 2008 MDX? Compared with my previous Toyotas I feel the MDX seats too hard and uncomfortable on longer rides.

The seating is too hard and the brakes/rotors are an issue they need to improve.

Excellent Value for the money
By namdxowner

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 MDX is a great luxury family SUV. The MDX rides like a car and makes my wife feel safe on the road. The last row seat is only useful for kids under 10. However, two features should have been standard with this car.

With its powerful 300 hp engine, the pickup is smooth and fast. All the features on this car are great. Entertainment, Bluetooth phone, power tailgate, AWD, and navigation.

1) The side mirrors should be power mirrors to close them when parking in tight spaces. 2) The roof rails should be standard because there is not much trunk if you are traveling with the family. We have owned this car for about 10 days. Got 20.2 mpg in my first full tank. Needs better mpg.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Karigirl

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased my new Acura MDX almost a year ago and still love it every time I get in it. My previous car was a 2004 Acura TL and I thought I couldn't find a vehicle I loved more than that until I got the MDX. The handling, the transmission, the power, the comfort, the styling, just about everything! I wish the gas mileage was better but I am lead-footed and I am averaging 17 mpg. When I drive mostly highway, I get closer to 22. We recently bought a second car, an '02 Maxima, and I couldn't wait to get back into the Acura. I forever will be an Acura fan! Best cars on the road, in my opinion (well, at least in my price range-LOL!). Oh, and did I mention, I have the BASE model!

Styling, interior, blue dim lights, sound system, power.

None that I can think of. Acura thought of everything for a midsize SUV.

Acura worth every penny
By DisplayName

Purchased an 08 MDX a month ago. Researched with great detail to determine which mid-sized SUV I would be the best choice. I looked at BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Mercedes ML, Audi Q7, even Chevy Tahoe LTZ and concluded that the Acura was the best choice for the money. Hondas/Acuras are legendary for thier reliability and resale value. All things considered Acura is #1. Overall the MDX is a fabulous vehicle.

Favorite features include handling/performance, luxurious interior, cargo space, high safety ratings (feature very significant when choosing family vehicle), options available at reasonable price considering the competition, premium audio system-10 speaker, over 400 watts surround sound-amazing sound

Push start button (keyless option) would be nice, add folding side view mirrors, iPod integration kit in dash should be standard for a vehicle of this caliber, smart cruise control, not as quiet of a ride as I thought it would be; but not bad.