2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Super Handling AWD
By JP on 05/26/08 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

One of the best handling vehicles I've ever owned. Feels much more like a sedan than an SUV (once it gets rolling). Averaging about 20 MPG, feels like less since the tank is relatively small. Stereo is very good. Oil changes are expensive since it requires synthetic oil.

Great CUV overall
By josephd05 on 05/21/08 07:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I am 6'4" and find the seating comfort to be superb. The Sport suspension is fantastic. In comfort mode, it soaks up all the bumps. In Sport mode, I feel like I'm driving a sports sedan. This is a fantastic vehicle, but not without faults. 1. AM radio sounds terrible, very muffled. 2. Telescopic steering wheel should extend out a couple of more inches. 3. Bluetooth is okay, but does not automatically activate if I make the call from my blackberry. You have to make the call from the car itself, very annoying. Thats about it. Overall I am very pleased.

It's just okay
By rndymn16 on 05/16/08 13:37 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

MDX rides nice but everything inside is basically "cheap". Voice recognition is not quite there. Also surprised that it's the only SUV that didn't come standard with roof rails.

Outstanding Value
By Bradley on 05/12/08 12:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched and test drove everything else in this style of vehicle (Acadia, Buick, Nissan, Mazda, Honda). For the money, this is the best by far. The ride is excellent, the nav is great and the graphics are much better than GM. I love the cockpit feel of the cabin and the comfort of the seating. The exterior got my attention and the interior keeps it. I have three children ages 10, 8 and 8 and we are in a carpool with two other kids for a total of 6 people in the vehicle. We can easily fit one more. We have 16.6 MPG with mixed driving (mostly driving in the local neighborhoods). Got over 23 MPG when on the highway for a short period of time. We look for reasons to drive places!

Great SUV
By Bert Viloria on 05/12/08 10:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2008 MDX a couple of weeks ago and I have been thoroughly impressed with its superb handling, amazing interior with all its electronic gadgetry, and beautiful exterior, which has not always pleased everyone. The ride is smooth, aggressive, but not dull and lifeless. The standard electronics available, even for my basic MDX is a long list and should easily please everyone!

My $40k Gas Hog
By Skillet on 05/11/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost a year now so some of the emotional thrill of the purchase has worn off. I really like the car in general. It performs well, nice acceleration, handles well and it looks good. My biggest issue is gas performance. I'm getting 13 mpg in the city. It's not much better than an H1 or a Winnebago. I didn't buy the car for it's fuel economy but this is far below what I expected. I should get more than 250 miles out of tank of gas.

Can't believe it's 4600 lbs.
By gtfranklin on 05/08/08 09:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My previous 4 cars were 3 BMWs and a G35, and I finally found a crossover that didn't disappoint in the handling dept. This is actually fun to drive! My G35 and previous M3 were quicker, but didn't handle significantly better in most driving situations. Solid, comfortable, tons of space, and WAY less expensive that comp. X-5, Audi, etc. Mileage 19.4 in 1st 2000 miles.

Excellent value by comparison
By Billboy on 05/06/08 13:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We traded our 2005 BMW X5 for this 2008 Acura MDX. The BMW was good, but the Acura is surprisingly better in many ways. Actually handles better, has a quieter ride and more power than the BMW. The interior is well-designed and matches up with our previous best in class, an Audi we owned a few years ago. The cost of ownership will be only slightly higher ($39 for an oil change where the BMW was covered while under warranty), but the eventual cost should be lower. The styling is what really caught my eye. More muscular stance and presence, but more interior space.

Acura MDX = Amazing Sport SUV
By CLEW on 05/04/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We just purchased an 08 MDX with Tech and Entertainment with the power rear door. I drove X5 (3.0 and 4.8), Caddy SRX, and Mazda CX9 and hands down the Acura was the choice to make. It handles like (or better really) than the BMW with so many more options for the price. If you want a great, luxury SUV and want the best quality and value go with the MDX. The handling is so impressive, and the power from the 3.7 litre V6 will shock you. Navi is so easy to use and the whole sound system is unreal!

Right Choice
By Albert on 05/02/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove Lexus RX 350, Volvo XC90, Pilot, and 2009 Murano before selecting the MDX. It's the best in class. Great SUV. It runs much better after the initial 500 miles or so. GPM got better too. Some of the accessories should have been made standard (roof rail, side molding). The plastic door handle and the same color plastic on the steering wheel make the interior look cheap. Acura should have made them better and add a few hundred dollars to the based. This is sold by Honda/Acura as a luxury SUV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Acura MDX in VA is:

$117 per month*