Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Reminds me of my BMW 540i. Very elegant.
By Addy

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE for the '08 MDX Sport with black on black. Unlike many other autos, this SUV is truly unisex. I got this for this for my wife but would love driving to work ;-) It really reminds me of the BMW 540i Sport I used to drive some time back. Do not expect a Lexus RX style smooth ride with the Sport package. It's a road hugging SUV, with tighter steering and superb pick-up. The 300 HP engine is pretty responsive

Voice commands, nav, BT, dashboard, looks and value. Competitors cost $10K more for similar features.

Roof rails, running boards should be standard. Very long drives. Seat ergonomics could be improved particularly for long trips.

Touch choice
By charles

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a good car. Good power, great ride, it has a sporty suspension that can take jumping a curb or ramming through uneven pavement going 60 mph. So that's a plus. The interior is nice, good heated seats useful, excellent rear view camera. One problem: the gear shift, wiper controls and light controls are less than easy to use. First the wiper and light controls should be lit at night: they are not. The biggest issue I have with them is that they lack the European feedback that BMW offers, i.e., I like to not have to look down to see what gear I'm in, what level wiper I am on, or what light is on. If it would work by just feel alone, Acura would do well.

Voice control for many operations. Works great.

Another great Acura
By nemavezee

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in 04 Pilot which was an extremely great vehicle - but this is sooooo much better. This handles like a sports car, when in sport mode. There is no wind or road noise. No rattles. OK fuel economy, considering it's an suv. SH-AWD is truly amazing combined with Dynamic Ride Control in sport mode. My other car is an 04TL 6MT/nav - no issues, love the car. Looked at Audi Q7 before MDX and I liked it, but MDX felt better during test drive, and handling is better on MDX. Acceleration seems smoother with MDX, and feels more powerful at any speed. Transmission (too bad only 5 speed) is very smooth; This is my 4th Acura so far - and so far very pleased with all of them.

Bluetooth is great. Nav system great, although like the TL touch screen better. Seats are very comfortable. SH-AWD, SPORT MODE DRC; Michelin tires are lovely. Self-leveling headlights; auto on/off lights. Backup camera; power liftgate great; resale value; 7 passenger seating. Reliability.

Bigger rear cargo area opening; thicker steering wheel; touch screen nav, like the TL; thicker side Glass for even better soundproofing; roof rack should be standard; backup sensors should be standard;

Update after 10 months
By oscarkat3

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I still love driving this vehicle but the quality is a bit of a let down. There are a few rattles including a loud one from the passenger seat. The radio settings malfunction sporadically. The A/C makes whistling noises that sound like brakes squealing. The dealer finally acknowledged some of the problems but they never adequately addressed all the problems either. These are minor problems but a disappointment because I had a higher expectation of reliability. I still love all the positives about the MDX. I plan on keeping it for a while but I don't know if I will buy an Acura again?

I still love the comfort and handling balance. The seats and driving position are outstanding. This vehicle is easy and enjoyable to drive. The headlights are fantastic too. I am pleased with my mileage. It was worse when I first had it but I average 19.5 which is quite good for an SUV this size.

The quality needs to be improved. It should not be a battle to get problems addressed.

best suv on the road
By nic

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride for the buck, we love car like ride. Great performance inside and out, Acura did a great job building this luxury suv, anyone who likes to drive an suv this one is definitely the pick

SH-AWD, smooth handling all-wheel drive this what makes it fun to drive.

Mute button for the radio, ram air on the hood and keep up the good work acura man.