2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Should've bought the CX-9
By Disappointed on 06/22/08 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Was shopping for a replacement vehicle for my Honda Pilot late last year and was looking at the Mazda Cx-9, Toyota Highlander and the Acura MDX. Narrowed it down between the Cx-9 and the MDX and chose the MDX based upon the Acura reliability history. Now looking back I wish I would have selected the CX-9 as my MDX has numerous issues that should not accompany an Acura. My radio randomly resets all the preset settings. No one can understand anyone in the car using the Bluetooth. When the moonroof is open you cannot read anything displayed on the radio. Rattle coming from back cargo area, etc. At this pricepoint, you get much more with the Cx-9.

Great total package
By Jason on 06/15/08 10:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I wanted a vehicle that could fit a growing family, carry a lot of stuff, and have AWD. We looked at the MDX, Highlander, Acadia, 08/09 Pilots, and CX-9. Final decision came down to MDX, CX-9, and Highlander. I've always liked the MDX since 2001, and with the dealer incentive, it made it easier to justify the price jump. The MDX drives very smoothly with ample power. Handling and comfort is very nice for a vehicle this size. The interior is nicer than the competitors although the GT CX-9 is pretty good, too. The exterior looks rugged yet has enough curves to avoid being boxy. Have not owned it long, but I expect typical Honda/Acura reliability.

SUV version of the TL
By B'ham Alabama on 06/14/08 18:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned two Acura TLs previous to purchasing the 2008 MDX. The MDX feels like and handles like the TL. I'm very pleased so far. The MDX doesn't have the spunk that the TL did, but I appreciate the compromise because it gets fair gas mileage for a mid-sized SUV. My wife and kids love the MDX.

A Good All Around SUV
By HI MDX on 06/14/08 09:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had this SUV for 2 months now. I had more problems with customer service from the dealship than the vehicle. I did have the b-pillar plastic trims replace because they were bowing outward and the plastic trim on the side of the passenger side dash. The adjustable rate shocks are worthless. Comfort and Sport modes feel the same, very spongy.

Love this car but...
By Edmund on 06/09/08 21:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd vehicle from Honda first being an Odyssey, which was great except for the run flat tire issues. I sold my '07 X5 3.0 & leased this car and saving a lot of money on the monthly payment. Compared to the X5, the MDX is roomier, more high tech, better acceleration & breaking and priced well below the X5. However, there is no comparison when it comes to build quality and attention to details as the X5 wins hands down.

The jury is still out
By CDouty on 06/06/08 09:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my MDX for three weeks and can't say that I love it. Chose it over RX350 because I wanted something different - around here if you drive an RX you see yourself coming and going. Had 3 MB MLs, very happy with them, especially the last one, but didn't like the new ones. The MDX feels very solid and safe, and my daughters think the interior is huge. It is no longer than our ML, but it is wider. Acceleration kind of sluggish, mileage so far not as good as my MLs. The interior looks cheaper than my 2005 ML, but in fairness, so did the standard interior of the new MLs. Too much gadgetry for my taste, but my husband drove it to work one day and loved it. Hope it grows on me.

Worst new car experience I've ever had!
By UNHAPPY CAMPER on 06/04/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car 2/29/08. Nightmare begins. 3/17- A/C blows hot - dealer replaces incorrectly installed refrigerant line; steering wheel shimmys during braking - dealer turns rotors; radio won't hold presets - dealer reprograms key fobs 4/7- steering wheel still shimmys under braking - dealer replaces rotors and pads; radio still not working - dealer states "it works now" 4/15 - radio presets disappear again - dealer replaces radio tuner 5/22 - radio still won't hold presets; Acura regional rep states "there's no remedy"; problem is under investigation by Acura engineering; 6/4 - Acura customer svc rep states they know about the problem but there's no known date when problem will be resolved

Best For Four
By OC MDX on 06/01/08 16:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

If you are moving 4 adults, this is the best vehicle in the segment. Lots of others have uncomfortable second row seats. It is as fun to drive as something this size can be. Great power to weight ratio once you are rolling. Great highway cruiser, effortless and it does not wear you out in transit. We have not gotten to really use the 4WD yet. We have had it for 7 months.

A fun SUV with a few bugs
By G on 06/01/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car after comparing with the Q7 and X3. Very happy with the engine and chassis, not so with transmission. Fav part is the electronic damping control - when it works. The system went down a few times with scary warning sign on gauge - and car rides like a boat when EDC is down. Dealership tried but was not able to fix it properly. Will try again.

Disappointed
By richard mcmullen on 05/27/08 18:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned 3 Hondas and 2 Acuras before. I had an 05 MDX and a 02 TL-S. I am very disappointed in the rigid ride of this vehicle. I have the base model. My 05 was softer and a more comfortable ride. I feel every bump in the road. I am suprised that Acura would not leave the base model as a more comfortable ride and give the stiffer ride to the sport package. There is a soft thump thump when I first start the car and reach 20 mph. I don't know if it is transmission, engine or suspension knock. There is a rattle on the pass door somewhere. The shifter is on the left of the center console and gets in the way of my right knee/leg. Info center is too small and in wrong place. No compass.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.