2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great Car
By MeBuyToo on 07/21/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It gives you a lot of confidence on the road. It has good pick up, it's quiet, pretty smooth, it feels safe, the music sounds good, love the navi, especially getting the traffic incidents in the morning; I haven’t had any problems to report. I researched this car pretty much in depth before buying it, so it’s pretty much what I expected it to be. I considered a RX-350 test drove it twice; test drove the MDX twice. I felt the MDX had much more going for it in terms of style, technology and the MDX was packaged much better.

Great SUV for family
By jp82765 on 07/17/08 11:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I looked at many luxury SUVs and loved the MDX. It is extremely spacious, comfortable, fun to drive, navigation is great, sound system is great, and handles very well. The only thing it lacks is it could use a smoother ride. The ride is not as smooth as the Lexus or EMrcadise, but it is also much less. Great for 2 kids and 2 small dogs. I have yet to experience any problems with the truck and the fuel eco. is average for an SUV.

Great SUV
By of on 07/15/08 07:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle after extensive research. After narrowing down to X5, MDX and Highlander Hybrid, MDX was the clear winner. Owned CL and TL-Type S and liked the included standard features as compared to other luxury vehicles. Main complaint is the required premium gas and gas mileage. I also have had the thump, thump after starting and accelerating to 20 MPH. Took to the dealer and they identified it as a "bushing issue" which there was a service bulletin for. They made the repair, but still have the thump. Will have that checked out again at next oil change. Overall, very comfortable and great handling.

Don't Buy It!
By houston on 07/13/08 18:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in March. I previously owned a Honda with well over 100,000 miles and loved it. So you think you are getting high quality for the money? Wrong! I have had problems since the beginning. There was extreme wind noise which they attributed to a bent windshield. The car started making clicking and grinding noises. That was the defective bushings. I have driven it exactly 16 days and the bushings have evidently gone bad again (bulletin on these). The entire dash is squeaking and they said they will have to tear out the dash to figure it out. There is some metal fluttering and continued noise like the door is open also. Buy anything else on the market and you will be happier.

MDX Tech w/ PTG - Steel Blue
By MeBuyToo on 07/13/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride; words can’t express how much I love this car. The car is nothing but classy inside and out. It stands out on the road and it's always the best looking vehicle in the parking lot. Kudos to Acura for coming up with technology ideas that leads us in the 21st century. Nav is working great; traffic incidents works. Hands free link works. Climate control is really good; super handling, plenty of go power; stereo sounds great. The voice commands works well for me, even with the windows down. With all its features it's best to get to know the voice commands. Thank goodness they work. Considered Lexus RX350, BMW X5, Volvo C90. MDX design and Technology value outstanding.

Solid ride
By cb on 07/10/08 21:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

So far a great purchase. Gas mileage has been better than expected. Ride is smooth, shifts quietly, handles very well, lots of power, brakes are very responsive. Plenty of leg room. Base model is very well-equipped with everything we wanted.

Horrid Reliability
By John Vaughn on 07/05/08 12:42 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just too many issues to list here. The main ones are the suspension defects for both front and rear of vehicle. The front lower control arms busted twice on mine just from every day normal city/high-way driving - no offroad use at all! No aggressive driving either. The rear suspension sounds as something is going to break off - Also "repaired" twice... so they say. Problems still exist. This vehicle has a lot of problems and Acura refuses to work with the customer.

Lives up to "Sports Sedan of SUVs" label
By SXY on 07/04/08 19:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the MDX for utility, but drive it for fun now. I have an older Audi A4 quattro sedan, and was looking for a larger vehicle with more reliability for my weekend golf and ski trips. Didn't think I would prefer driving this full time. It corners as well as the A4! I can also load lots of gear in the back, and rear seat passengers sit in comfort. I compared this to the BMW X3, X5, 328xi wagon, Infiniti EX35, FX35, and the smaller sibling RDX. The MDX has an unbeatable combination of performance, utility, luxury, and price! Yes, price! While gas prices are high, you can get this vehicle for under invoice prices!

Pleasure for All
By twosweetbabes on 06/29/08 19:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

As a busy mom of 6 year old twins, I needed the size of an SUV, but didn't like the size of my Expedition. My kids love the ease of this vehicle and I love all the bells and whistles. The navigation is by far the easier I have ever used, the voice recognition is very useful, can command even climate control! All controls are easy to use and the dashboard is just beautiful. Very smooth ride and an absolute pleasure to own. Fuel economy is not as good as I had hoped, but to be expected in this size vehicle/motor. I would recommend the MDX to anyone w/ children, my kids can open/close the doors w/ ease and the back seat is very comfortable. The safety features are top-notch as well.

Shamefull quality of Acura
By wj on 06/24/08 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the "best" end of MDX and end up with worst nightmare. The quality of the car is a shame. Been back to the dealer 9 or 10 times for repairs and repairs. Defective mirror, roof molding, gas door assembly, steering wheel, front suspension defects. Customer services are horrible both with the dealer and especially the Acura reps. Their attitudes are that you bought the car and you have the problem. Gas mileage is terrible, remember that with current gas price.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.