Used 2008 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great car
By De

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched this car for over a year. My work paid off. The dealership is great and the automobile is fantastic. The only negative is I feel the paint is a little thin. It nicks very easily. I love the drive, the reliability, and handling. Is it fun to drive??? Really, it is an SUV not a Porsche!

The best navigation system.

Better paint. Nicks very easy.

Great Car-like SUV... still miss my car
By JnJ

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with the Acura MDX 2008 has been nice. I came from driving a 2005 Nissan Max and needed something bigger and better with safety for me at the time (10 mth old son). The MDX does get up and go, but not initially. I have had it less than a year with just 11,000 hwy miles on it and have never had a problem until now. Took a trip to NC and came back with a loud humming noise. Turned out it was bad wheel bearings. Hopefully once fixed, will not happen again. Other than that all has been well and I am happy with the customer service I have received.

comfy seats with numerous positions, sound system, secure environment of the vehicle, bluetooth that rings through the speakers in the car

arm rest console needs to be higher, center air vents need to be in a different position or be able to turn them off, steering wheel needs to move closer to driver, thicker steering wheel, roof rack standard, choice of rims, auto trunk opener should be standard, auto door lock should lock sooner

Handles like a dream
By Richpat95

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing on the road can compare to this vehicle. I have driven every one and this is the crossover. Handles like a dream and technology is so seamless and easy to use. Sound system is simply remarkable.

Phone book, bluetooth, stereo, driveability.

Acura owes it to its followers to add iPod USB connectivity to the 2007 through 2009 models. Its Honda Pilot brother has the capability.

Update after 9 months
By update after 9 month

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

MDX performs well and is a safe vehicle if you can start the vehicle! I have had mine in the shop for 20 days and Acura customer service is horrible! I have asked to speak to managers (who were worthless), called client services, and even wrote a letter to headquarters with no resolution. The Acura dealership gives me the run around with what exactly is wrong with the vehicle. First it was the battery (and tried blaming me for leaving lights on when they turn off themselves!), then the entertainment system, and now it's the power tail gate! Don't spend good money on a company that doesn't care about satisfying a customer once the sale is made!

Amenities available for the price, performance, safety.

Customer service needs overhauling, Acura needs to have technicians that know what they are doing.

Excellent Replacement
By Eric Dise

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2004 MDX Touring and traded for the new edition. I am very satisfied with my decision. The pep this has over my old MDX is undeniable. The comfort is much improved too. This 2008 is equipped exactly as my 2004 was but thanks to the poor economy, I paid nearly $3K less than the 04 as a model closeout! The MDX is fun to drive and nearly feels like a car. (Nearly...) I am very pleased with the decision to purchase this vehicle and look to have it for many years!

Navigation, XM radio, power, seating comfort.

Exterior fit and finish is not as good as my 04 MDX. The body parts don't fit as tightly. Paint is weak. Several chips after only 4000 miles.