2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Reminds me of my BMW 540i. Very elegant.
By Addy on 11/22/08 09:54 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in a 2006 Toyota Sienna LE for the '08 MDX Sport with black on black. Unlike many other autos, this SUV is truly unisex. I got this for this for my wife but would love driving to work ;-) It really reminds me of the BMW 540i Sport I used to drive some time back. Do not expect a Lexus RX style smooth ride with the Sport package. It's a road hugging SUV, with tighter steering and superb pick-up. The 300 HP engine is pretty responsive

Touch choice
By charles on 11/05/08 12:57 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a good car. Good power, great ride, it has a sporty suspension that can take jumping a curb or ramming through uneven pavement going 60 mph. So that's a plus. The interior is nice, good heated seats useful, excellent rear view camera. One problem: the gear shift, wiper controls and light controls are less than easy to use. First the wiper and light controls should be lit at night: they are not. The biggest issue I have with them is that they lack the European feedback that BMW offers, i.e., I like to not have to look down to see what gear I'm in, what level wiper I am on, or what light is on. If it would work by just feel alone, Acura would do well.

Another great Acura
By nemavezee on 10/30/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in 04 Pilot which was an extremely great vehicle - but this is sooooo much better. This handles like a sports car, when in sport mode. There is no wind or road noise. No rattles. OK fuel economy, considering it's an suv. SH-AWD is truly amazing combined with Dynamic Ride Control in sport mode. My other car is an 04TL 6MT/nav - no issues, love the car. Looked at Audi Q7 before MDX and I liked it, but MDX felt better during test drive, and handling is better on MDX. Acceleration seems smoother with MDX, and feels more powerful at any speed. Transmission (too bad only 5 speed) is very smooth; This is my 4th Acura so far - and so far very pleased with all of them.

Update after 10 months
By oscarkat3 on 10/21/08 21:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I still love driving this vehicle but the quality is a bit of a let down. There are a few rattles including a loud one from the passenger seat. The radio settings malfunction sporadically. The A/C makes whistling noises that sound like brakes squealing. The dealer finally acknowledged some of the problems but they never adequately addressed all the problems either. These are minor problems but a disappointment because I had a higher expectation of reliability. I still love all the positives about the MDX. I plan on keeping it for a while but I don't know if I will buy an Acura again?

best suv on the road
By nic on 10/15/08 18:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great ride for the buck, we love car like ride. Great performance inside and out, Acura did a great job building this luxury suv, anyone who likes to drive an suv this one is definitely the pick

Better mpg than advertised
By Cindy on 10/04/08 22:06 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Shortly after buying our MDX, we went a 2,000 mile trip, mostly freeway miles with lots of mountains, averaged 22.9 mpg. That was a relief as I was fearful it might be even worse. The more we drove it, the more we liked it. Great combination of fun, comfort, and utility. Better visibility than originally thought. Never met a hill we couldn't keep accelerating up. I am almost 6'2", my husband is 6'3", we both have plenty of room up front and in the rear outboard seats, but the center second row seat is not for full- sized adults. This is basically a 4 person vehicle. My previous car was a 2006 TL, which sat too low for me, the MDX has a good step out height and is easy to get into and out of.

Brake Rotor Problems
By Brake Problems on 10/03/08 08:05 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My MDX is mostly a pleasant SUV to drive and own. However, I was surprised when I had problems with the brake rotors at a low mileage and Acura told me that I "brake too hard" and I would "burn" the rotors because of my driving style. Well, I am a rather slow driver and 70 % of my driving is highway driving. I have had 4 Toyota SUVs prior to this one and never had a brake issue. Could there be a quality issue with the rotors on the 2008 MDX? Compared with my previous Toyotas I feel the MDX seats too hard and uncomfortable on longer rides.

Excellent Value for the money
By namdxowner on 09/09/08 02:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2008 MDX is a great luxury family SUV. The MDX rides like a car and makes my wife feel safe on the road. The last row seat is only useful for kids under 10. However, two features should have been standard with this car.

Awesome Vehicle!
By Karigirl on 09/06/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased my new Acura MDX almost a year ago and still love it every time I get in it. My previous car was a 2004 Acura TL and I thought I couldn't find a vehicle I loved more than that until I got the MDX. The handling, the transmission, the power, the comfort, the styling, just about everything! I wish the gas mileage was better but I am lead-footed and I am averaging 17 mpg. When I drive mostly highway, I get closer to 22. We recently bought a second car, an '02 Maxima, and I couldn't wait to get back into the Acura. I forever will be an Acura fan! Best cars on the road, in my opinion (well, at least in my price range-LOL!). Oh, and did I mention, I have the BASE model!

Acura worth every penny
By DisplayName on 09/04/08 22:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased an 08 MDX a month ago. Researched with great detail to determine which mid-sized SUV I would be the best choice. I looked at BMW X5, Volvo XC90, Mercedes ML, Audi Q7, even Chevy Tahoe LTZ and concluded that the Acura was the best choice for the money. Hondas/Acuras are legendary for thier reliability and resale value. All things considered Acura is #1. Overall the MDX is a fabulous vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.