2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Best SUV Bang for your buck!
By Judith Temple on 03/31/09 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After having owned the BMW X3, the MDX is a pleasure to drive. Reliability is great for 25,000 miles. Only things wrong are Bluetooth; rings and cannot hear whose on the other end and many viable addresses do not show up on Navigation system. Dealer service excellent. A few miss-steps in design; no lights for A/C controls at night; rear view pic doesn't come on in reverse for 10 seconds, some wind noise, transmission can be rough and erratic. No ipod plug which I didn't realize until after I purchased. Front end design could be improved, very masculine. Sounds like a lot but I do really like this car. Also test drove BMW X5 and Lexus 400.

Always fun, Never bored!
By mchina on 02/05/09 03:36 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove some of the other luxury SUVs out there, but none compare with the ride and the handling I get from my MDX. For the price you really get almost more than you can ever ask for. Fully loaded with options, some I didn't even know I wanted, its a great ride around town, out on a twisty back road, or cruising down the interstate. The sound system is exceptional. And the DVD keeps my son very happy with movies and games. And on cold winter days, my back seat passengers loved the heated seats. Navigation and bluetooth are great, especially with the voice activation. The SH-AWD makes me feel secure in any kind of driving environment. Just want to drive fast and push it to the limit!

Nice SUV
By comet123 on 01/22/09 04:14 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven 4,500 miles. Overall, great vehicle. In the snow is great. Solid like a tank.

Really Satisfied!
By Farid on 01/10/09 01:08 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a car enthusiast and then for buying this car I searched and test drove many cars during a 3 months period. Between all SUVs that I tested - such as BMW X5, BMW X3, Mercedes ML 350 & 500, Lexus RX, Mazda SUVs and many others - I am 100% certain that you can not find such a combination of handling, comfort, space, reliability and design with a very competitive price in another car. Also I love the technology package and I think that it has one of the best navigation systems. I have driven the car for near 15 months and 18000 miles and I've never had any problem with it. I think the seats are very comfortable with a good design. Handling is awesome and driver's position and view is perfect.

Not worth the money
By Bill on 01/07/09 09:08 AM (PST)

Problems galore - AWD problems 2 times - Wouldn't start due to AWD problems - replaced DVD player 3 times - side dash panels replaced 2 times - seats losing color after 20k miles - replaced batter after 12k miles - front rotors warped after 10k miles. I was a lover of Acura, they have really changed in quality for the price.

2008 Acura MDX
By JERRY on 12/29/08 22:51 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a year ago and have about 13500 miles on the car. This is a really great SUV. Remembering that this is an SUV the mileage is not too bad. I get about 17-18 mpg mixed (more freeway) and about 21-22 mpg freeway at an average speed of 75-80 mph. The back seats are comfortable. They can recline a little but not all the way flat. The third row seats are only meant for kids. Have had 2 problems so far. The air vent on the top of the dashboard pop out and was fixed by the dealer on the third try. I told them glue it down. The CD player jammed and was replaced by the dealer at no cost. All in all, I am very satisfied with this car and have already recommended it to friends.

The Verdict after 1 Year of Driving it..
By qwik_footed on 12/26/08 19:47 PM (PST)

Had the car 1+ years now and can now give objective feedback without the bias of "new car purchase" emotions. My wife's been the primary driver to haul around our daughter (now 16 mo. old) and she loves it. Bold exterior style & big interior compared to other vehicles (RX330, FX35) was a big reason for buying. We went with the Entertainment system as it was the only way to get the power tailgate at the time, but it's been great for entertaining the baby on trips. The car has been perfect EXCEPT for a constant, infuriating rattle around passenger door area (even at low speed) that shouldn't exist on a $40k car (dealer couldn't fix). Overall, love it, but it's really a 2nd tier luxury SUV.

A nice car from Acura
By Gunn on 12/13/08 00:28 AM (PST)

Before to buy this car, I have looked at Lexus 350, ML350 and CX9 finally choose this one because of its price, equipment and 7 passengers capacity. I have owned this car for three months. It works great with no problems at all. Just enjoy the fun when drive it. This is my first Acura, some of my opinions are: Gas mileage is quite low (13 mpg) in local roads. When slowing down speed, transmission gear shift is noticeable. Comparing to X5 3.0 (my other car) acceleration and handling is inferior even MDX has more powerful engine. Cabin noise level can be lower.

Happy Buyer
By JamesT on 12/11/08 20:29 PM (PST)

I purchase my MDX with the tech pkg a week before a taking a long thanksgiving trip out of town. I must say that this vehicle is truly amazing. I traded in my BMW for this vehicle and this vehicle is every bit as good. I drove the BMW X5 and Infiniti FX series and the MDX proved to be the better value and overall better vehicle. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Excellent SUV... way to go!
By Gurm on 11/26/08 21:56 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this 2008 Acura MDX sports new here in state of WA 3 weeks back... drives like dream. I chose it over Lincoln MKX, Mazda CX-9, BMW X5 and Lexus RX 400. MDX is very sporty both in looks & driving with option of comfort mode just by pressing a switch (but you'll be tempted to keep it in sports mode). I drive Audi S4 too & still respect Acura's sporty drive for an SUV. The Acura navigation is very easy to use, bluetooth & handsfree link are nice additions too. Suggested improvements below.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.