2008 Acura MDX Consumer Review: 2008 Acura MDX

2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

2008 Acura MDX

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car about a year ago and have about 13500 miles on the car. This is a really great SUV. Remembering that this is an SUV the mileage is not too bad. I get about 17-18 mpg mixed (more freeway) and about 21-22 mpg freeway at an average speed of 75-80 mph. The back seats are comfortable. They can recline a little but not all the way flat. The third row seats are only meant for kids. Have had 2 problems so far. The air vent on the top of the dashboard pop out and was fixed by the dealer on the third try. I told them glue it down. The CD player jammed and was replaced by the dealer at no cost. All in all, I am very satisfied with this car and have already recommended it to friends.

The transmission is exceptionally good. The shifts are very fast. It's as if it can read my mind; always in the right gear. Sound system is great. When you push the MDX and the trans downshifts, the sound from the exhaust is very satisfying.

I'm 5'11'. When I adjust the seat and steering to a comfortable position, the gauges become partially hidden by the steering. Interior fit needs to be better. The panels that fold from the dashboard to the doors needs to be better aligned. The brakes make clucking sound. Dealer says this is normal.