Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Rear end thump/squeak noise
By mac

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love the handling of this SUV. I had my rear end noise fixed as per TSB 09-002. Problem came back after few months went to the dealer to fixed it again. I hope the parts replaced the second time will last.

handling

fixed noise issues

60K and still loving it!
By Chrissy

3 years and 60 k and I still love this car. It has been the most reliable car I've owned. Before my MDX I was averaging a new car every year. Two Infiniti SUVs and one Escalade later I bought this. I LOVE IT! It has all the luxuries for a fair price with a beautiful fit and finish. It's definitely a keeper! It's comfortable, fun, safe, and easy to drive. I put a lot of miles on my cars and this one has been the best of them all. No problems whatsoever. Before buying my MDX I test drove every Luxury SUV on the market. This one was the best driving, one of the best interiors, great technology, and most affordable of them all.

Navigation, Traffic, Voice command, DVD, Back up camera, heated seats, 12 V power in main area of vehicle.

all of the improvements I'd like to see on my 08' have already been added to the new MDX. Acura really listens to their customers.

2008 MDX tech
By acura08

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Everything was great. Until I hit 60k miles (warranty expires) the wiper sensors and engine oil sensors got messed up. The wipers turn on and off by themselves and also the engine oil sensor. It was awesome how the engine oil sensor bugged out and I was on the highway during rush hour. The last row seats are a nice add but not for long trips. Honda/Acura is notorious for their window problem on the driver side. Driving the MDX is fun the handling is awesome I can whip turns better then a lot of sedans. Even the Lexus cant beat it not sure about the X5.

the handling also love the stock tires that come with the mdx got up to 65k body style is very nice, and the tailgate camera is so handy

FIX the sensors. The outside molding trim around the window area of the doors, they get loose after awhile.

Won't buy it again
By gamerchick

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After almost 3 months of owning it, I got a leak from the edge of sunglasses holder. I brought it over to the dealer ship, they didn't find anything wrong with it. Soon after, My memory seats are not working at all. It takes lots of pushes to get the seat moved to the right position. I brought it to the dealership again. when they tested it, the button worked fine. so they said they couldn't do anything till it acted up. And of course after I got home, the memory seat didn't work. Long story short, this issue is still not getting fixed yet. I would not buy Acura again.

the 3rd row seats

electrical issues.

Poor Acura Quality
By babake

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Been having problems with our MDX since the day we bought it. After 5 attempts, the windows still squeak, the wheels vibrate, the radio loses its memory, the seats power setting has problems. Amazing that consumer report keeps on reporting Acura MDX as a top SUV pick. We moved to the Acura from a lexus RX to get a little more sporty feel and have been regretting our decision since. The dealer service people are also very confrontational - do not recommend Hopkins Acura of Redwood City CA. We are going to go trade our MDX for a Lexus.

Handling