2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great sporty SUV
By longtime honda owner on 01/26/10 17:49 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to replace my 1998 5.9L Durango. The MDX tows my 4500lb boat + trailer better than the big Dodge! Yes, I was surprised as well. :-) We drive this over a 4100ft mountain pass to our cabin roughly 25 times a year. It's safe and stable in any condition. Nearing 30k miles with no faults and I like the vehicle as much now as when I drove it off the lot. There's plenty of room for my family of 4, lab and all our gear. A rooftop box makes I've added lets me take all the stuff I should have left at home to begin with. Seriously, if you are looking for a reliable, sporty SUV you can't go wrong with an MDX.

Loved it...
By Satisfied on 11/18/09 12:15 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

3 yr lease just expired...I'd buy again. I absolutely loved this car. I prefer Honda or Toyota, Acura is my favorite. By the time I had equipped comparable vehicles (BMW, Lexus, actually), there was no comparison in price. Don't get me wrong, BMW and Lexus were fantastic, but about $8K more when comparably equipped. Leasing fit me...I drive 12,000/yr. Gas mileage was just as advertised...sometimes a mile or two better. The ONLY thing I didn't like was the giant shield design on the front...which is now apparently on all Acura vehicles.

20K Miles - Little Flaws
By Norcal221 on 11/15/09 07:04 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 20K miles and 24 mos of owning the base model, still a blast to drive on dry, wet or snowy roads. SH-AWD outperforms my 4wd 08 Tahoe. Had electrical glitches that the dealer had to fix: CD player failed, exterior temp. thermometer failed, sunroof failed. 2nd stage clearcoat not premium-needs to be detailed every 6 mos or so to restore the like-new luster. Forget the 3rd row seating unless you have little kids; no legroom. 2nd row fits 3 adults comfortably. No other problems! Currently averaging 18 mpg & tires starting to fade due to aggressive driving. Worth every penny!

Love my MDX!
By Buck on 11/12/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Best car I have ever driven. I came from a mini van and wanted something more sporty. Handling is great. Easy to parallel park. Turns on a dime. I love how it looks. Few things they should improve on: paint chips easily, bluetooth poor quality, navigation system needs much more updates, coin tray cover broke, running board separated, needs a right arm rest or higher console, a lot of wind noise unless you remove the roof rack, need a place to put my purse. When getting in the car I wish the seat would not advance right away; this makes it hard to get in. Had roaring noise in drivers front. We already had to replace the bearings!! Even with all this I still love the car.

Very nice rig
By john on 08/26/09 19:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I now have over 30k miles and have had a good experience with this SUV. I've had a Lexus GX, ML 500 and this vehicle compares very well. Not as powerful but gets the job done very well. It handles awesome and once the rpm's are up there it rips. A bit anemic off idle though. I tow a snowmobile trailer and the dealer tells me I need new shocks which are covered under warranty thankfully. I'd recommend this vehicle.

Great car
By De on 07/27/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I researched this car for over a year. My work paid off. The dealership is great and the automobile is fantastic. The only negative is I feel the paint is a little thin. It nicks very easily. I love the drive, the reliability, and handling. Is it fun to drive??? Really, it is an SUV not a Porsche!

Great Car-like SUV... still miss my car
By JnJ on 07/08/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My experience with the Acura MDX 2008 has been nice. I came from driving a 2005 Nissan Max and needed something bigger and better with safety for me at the time (10 mth old son). The MDX does get up and go, but not initially. I have had it less than a year with just 11,000 hwy miles on it and have never had a problem until now. Took a trip to NC and came back with a loud humming noise. Turned out it was bad wheel bearings. Hopefully once fixed, will not happen again. Other than that all has been well and I am happy with the customer service I have received.

Handles like a dream
By Richpat95 on 06/13/09 13:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Nothing on the road can compare to this vehicle. I have driven every one and this is the crossover. Handles like a dream and technology is so seamless and easy to use. Sound system is simply remarkable.

Update after 9 months
By update after 9 month on 05/28/09 21:38 PM (PDT)

MDX performs well and is a safe vehicle if you can start the vehicle! I have had mine in the shop for 20 days and Acura customer service is horrible! I have asked to speak to managers (who were worthless), called client services, and even wrote a letter to headquarters with no resolution. The Acura dealership gives me the run around with what exactly is wrong with the vehicle. First it was the battery (and tried blaming me for leaving lights on when they turn off themselves!), then the entertainment system, and now it's the power tail gate! Don't spend good money on a company that doesn't care about satisfying a customer once the sale is made!

Excellent Replacement
By Eric Dise on 05/01/09 12:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2004 MDX Touring and traded for the new edition. I am very satisfied with my decision. The pep this has over my old MDX is undeniable. The comfort is much improved too. This 2008 is equipped exactly as my 2004 was but thanks to the poor economy, I paid nearly $3K less than the 04 as a model closeout! The MDX is fun to drive and nearly feels like a car. (Nearly...) I am very pleased with the decision to purchase this vehicle and look to have it for many years!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Acura MDX Suv in NJ is:

$204 per month*