Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great Car
By MeBuyToo

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It gives you a lot of confidence on the road. It has good pick up, it's quiet, pretty smooth, it feels safe, the music sounds good, love the navi, especially getting the traffic incidents in the morning; I havenít had any problems to report. I researched this car pretty much in depth before buying it, so itís pretty much what I expected it to be. I considered a RX-350 test drove it twice; test drove the MDX twice. I felt the MDX had much more going for it in terms of style, technology and the MDX was packaged much better.

The technology package, the interior & exterior design, the stereo, the voice activated commands. It has a lot of convenient features too. I really love the way the car looks, I even love the grill, it's so sleek & bossy. It looks innovative & creative on the road. Resale value, slow depreciation

Gas MPG was the only thing I didn't like about it; but I wasn't going to let the MPG stop me from having such a nice car. I avg 18 city, 19-hwy, 22 hwy cruise control. I was expecting 17- 19 MPG. I wish the seat rose a little higher. I also miss the welcome greeting that was in 2007 tech models.

Great SUV for family
By jp82765

I looked at many luxury SUVs and loved the MDX. It is extremely spacious, comfortable, fun to drive, navigation is great, sound system is great, and handles very well. The only thing it lacks is it could use a smoother ride. The ride is not as smooth as the Lexus or EMrcadise, but it is also much less. Great for 2 kids and 2 small dogs. I have yet to experience any problems with the truck and the fuel eco. is average for an SUV.

navigation, comfort seats, sound system, handling

make the ride a bit smoother

Great SUV
By of

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle after extensive research. After narrowing down to X5, MDX and Highlander Hybrid, MDX was the clear winner. Owned CL and TL-Type S and liked the included standard features as compared to other luxury vehicles. Main complaint is the required premium gas and gas mileage. I also have had the thump, thump after starting and accelerating to 20 MPH. Took to the dealer and they identified it as a "bushing issue" which there was a service bulletin for. They made the repair, but still have the thump. Will have that checked out again at next oil change. Overall, very comfortable and great handling.

Included standard features as compared to other luxury SUVs. Excellent handling and comfort. Great sound system. Really like the 300hp engine and smooth acceleration. Nice amount of cargo space. Fun to drive!

Increase fuel efficiency. Voice recognition can be difficult to master; would be nice if it could respond to a bigger variety of commands. Add siding and rails to standard equipment. Some of interior materials on the gauges appear cheap.

Don't Buy It!
By houston

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in March. I previously owned a Honda with well over 100,000 miles and loved it. So you think you are getting high quality for the money? Wrong! I have had problems since the beginning. There was extreme wind noise which they attributed to a bent windshield. The car started making clicking and grinding noises. That was the defective bushings. I have driven it exactly 16 days and the bushings have evidently gone bad again (bulletin on these). The entire dash is squeaking and they said they will have to tear out the dash to figure it out. There is some metal fluttering and continued noise like the door is open also. Buy anything else on the market and you will be happier.

I love the interior.

MDX Tech w/ PTG - Steel Blue
By MeBuyToo

Great ride; words canít express how much I love this car. The car is nothing but classy inside and out. It stands out on the road and it's always the best looking vehicle in the parking lot. Kudos to Acura for coming up with technology ideas that leads us in the 21st century. Nav is working great; traffic incidents works. Hands free link works. Climate control is really good; super handling, plenty of go power; stereo sounds great. The voice commands works well for me, even with the windows down. With all its features it's best to get to know the voice commands. Thank goodness they work. Considered Lexus RX350, BMW X5, Volvo C90. MDX design and Technology value outstanding.

The entire technology package and the voice commands. I love the cockpit design of the interior and the innovativeness of the exterior. It's exciting. Technically I feel Iím in the 21st century driving this car. Projected resale value & reliability ratings. The good comments received.

Better gas mileage. Miss the Welcome Greeting that was in the 2007. Moon roof switch needs to be closer to driver's controls. Better elbow rest support for smaller people. The seat could raise higher too for smaller drivers w/ pedal adjustment. Other than that, it works well for me.