2008 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
exhilarating
By jb on 01/13/08 16:50 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

fun to drive! great looks! high tech features! ample horsepower compared to its direct competitors with the same engine displacement! better fuel consumption for its horsepower!

Must Have
By paulv on 01/08/08 12:10 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car for a month now. I must admit this is more of a great crossover SUV than I expected. The base model has all the things you need for your life. I got 17.4 miles per gallon in city drive. Not bad at all.

Great sport SUV
By Former Cayenne Owner on 01/02/08 14:59 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded a Cayenne and could not be happier. The 300 HP provides great power, especially when downshifted. Base model has all any true driver would need. Really, how often does anyone need to use a GPS or call a restaurant while on the road or, for that matter, not know what is behind their vehicle. This is a vehicle which can complete with the top SUVs on the market and retain its value. Third seat is not for adults. SH-AWD is truly for those who want to "push" the vehicle while maintaining control in all conditions. I have found the seating position for the driver to be very comfortable. Sound system with the subwoffer can blow your teenager out of the vehicle.

Best Luxury SUV in the class
By wtliao on 12/18/07 07:13 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV after driving sedan for 15 years. MDX drives like a sports car! Love SHAWD handling and ride quality is comfy and quiet. The 5-speed auto transmission works flawlessly. I should've bought the sport package for sportier ride and sexy sport rims but we figure save additional 2K for my kidsí education funds. Navigation system is easy to use with voice recognition system. I think it's the best luxury SUV in this class for a 45K value! Complaints: Bluetooth phonebook import only works for very limited cell phone models. Gas mileage isn't great, only 17 city/21 highway, but it's a trade off for 300HP & SHAWD, I will never regret.

Love this vehicle
By leennp on 12/02/07 22:02 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle to replace Suburban and its string of problems and have been nothing but pleased with the MDX. Even like the nav system which I only got so I could get the DVD and rear lift gate. Highly recommend this vehicle, gas mileage has been better than stated.

Awesome
By Ali Samara on 11/29/07 09:17 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great car. I've had it for about three weeks and it is just so fun to drive. I added the 19" chrome wheels and it just looks great. The 300 hp engine is powerful and the nav system is the best on the market. Don't know how I ever lived without it. Best cross over suv on the market.

Great Car!
By Mike on 11/18/07 22:21 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased a new 2008 Acura MDX. We have 2 kids and were looking for an SUV with a 3rd row of seats. Test drove the X5, Buick Enclave and Mazda, Lexus, Volvo and Chevy. This car was by far more superior for the room, price and comfort.

Outstanding vehicle
By gaawb on 11/17/07 16:15 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

For the money, this is the finest vehicle on the road. The nav system is unequaled and incredibly impressive. I test drove the X5, FX45, MKX, Q7, and Enclave. It was a tough decision between the X5 and MDX but I will never look back. I've driven 2000 miles and it is an absolute pleasure in every way. The 300hp engine actually puts a smile on my face when I punch it. If you are looking for a crossover, this is a no-brainer.

Exceeds Expectations
By pdx family on 11/13/07 11:26 AM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We have had the 2008 Acura MDX for a month now and couldn't be more delighted. It is replacing a Chrysler T&C. My ratings are based on what my expectations are in this class of vehicle. The size is perfect for us, it seats 5 easily and the +2 rear seating is quite acceptable though the access is difficult. The ride is comfortable, firm and responsive. Sport upgrade is worth it. The navigation system is outstanding and can be operated while moving. You must read the manuals to understand all the features. The gas mileage we have gotten is significantly better than EPA ratings. We got 25 mpg on a 200 mile x-mountain trip and see about 19 mpg in mixed town driving.

Outstanding SUV !
By Tchello on 11/12/07 19:38 PM (PST)

2008 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After thorough research that included major brands (BMW, MB, Volvo & Audi) the MDX came on top. The standard model comes with leather, moonroof and 3rd row seat. Got the Sport package with technology and it's a bargain compared with the other, more fancy, brands. At least $10K less for a very similar, and in many cases, superior product. If you don't need the status of a BMW or Mercedes, this is the way to go. I traded my Audi A4, and I'm very happy I did so. Overall, very solid and handles great. Smooth.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.