Used 2008 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great SUV
By Tim

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm in the market for a new vehicle to replace my other car and since I have been relying so heavily on consumer reviews from this website, thought I would write one for the MDX. It's a great car - very reliable, no problems whatsoever. Quiet, luxurious interior, tremendous AWD handling, smooth transition, nice power, flexible interior. Fuel economy is not great - I get around 23 MPG on the highway at 73 MPH with cruise set, but around 17 in town. The car is just awesome and now that I am looking for new cars again to replace our other one, I am focused on the Acura brand for its quality. If you are in market for upscale SUV, this is the one to get.

All electronics - bluetooth, radio, nav system, voice commands, and great seats!

Better fuel economy - perhaps add VCM to the Acura line, but with 300 hp running on AWD, getting 23 MPG on highway still isn't bad.

Not a luxury SUV
By pink panther

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Even after a few days there were problems with this SUV. Nothing really big but things detaching, safety belt not working (twice). This SUV is characterized by poor quality built and an overall blunt drive. The cargo space is quite big and the third row sat functional for kids. Burt for the price tag you should get better drive quality and certainly better build quality. The bluetooth function is very poor and does not synchronize with most phones. The dvd system does have some problems too. Poor fuel economy. Acura compares itself to BMW but they have a long, long way to go

Cargo space. Exterior looks.

Fuel economy, drive quality, built quality, technology economy, lower price for this quality of product.

This is exactly what I was hoping for!!!
By Boris Milev

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Power Tailgate, Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Acura has done a great job. I was originally looking at VW Touareg which I still love but since Acura arrived to China I fell in love with this car. The interior quality is slightly inferior to Touareg but otherwise it is a great car. Industry-leading SH-AWD (Honda is one more time riding the waves of innovation) and superb GPS system are just awesome. Feels and drives like a luxury sedan. Offers plenty of space (I am 6'3" tall). Sound system, air-con are just great.

SH-AWD, GPS, handling is awesome, engine and suspension are all great

Folding rearview mirrors, standard railing and racking, silver on the dash not in unison with the beige

Love this car! Sold my ipod, though.
By David

We absolutely have loved owning and driving the MDX. We traded in a Tahoe Z71 and thought we wouldn't have enough room (two toddlers, stroller, large dog), but we think we have much more usable room with the lower doors and fold-away third row seat. The rear-seat DVD controls are all in the center console - fabulous for parents of toddlers; they also have a remote control that older kids can use. The navigation system is easy to use and loaded with restaurant and hotel info. The acceleration is brisk and driving is very enjoyable. I hate saying it, but it does drive like a (powerful) car.

DVD disc-slot and controls in the center console. Fold-away third row seats. Wide body and enough cargo space for wide items. Navigation system.

I cannot believe I paid that much money for a vehicle without an iPod port. It's absent with the entertainment package. I can use the rear-seat ent. system's audio ports but then my kids can't listen to their DVD! If the base model has a port up front, all models should have a port up front!

Great luxury SUV
By bruno

2008 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after researching many. It has the best of everything. Most room, most comfortable, great sound, and very spacious. The Lexus and Mercedes were too small, the BMW too rough of a ride, and the Porsche too expensive. Perfect for the price. The only thing I can complain about is a slight tire noise it has, but so did all the other SUVs

Navigation, stereo, comfortable seats, and power

Improve gas mileage and tire noise