What a powerful beauty
By try2follow on
2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
I was driving a 2005 MDX and was offered a company car. The choice included BMW X5, Mercedes ML350, Audi Q7 and Lexus RX 350. Given my excellent experience with Acura for the last 2 years I opted for the new MDX. Acura did a great job (interior and exterior). I love the new sporty look. The seats are very comfortable and provide good support. The 300 hp engine does a great job, sound and performance are impressive. I prefer the new navigation system over the old one. The 10-speaker sound system beats my stereo at home! My children love the larger DVD screen (9 inch now). The blind spots are a problem but once you know you are just extra careful when changing lanes.
Favorite Features
Super handling AWD (no commercial joke it really is "super"), front seats, sequential sport shift, arrangement of center console, power tailgate, top quality interior layout, live traffic update built into navigation system.
Suggested Improvements
Disappointed that Acura did not manage to improve gas mileage versus old model. No hybrid alternative available. Even fully loaded you have to pay extra for the day/night rearview mirror. Blind spots are an issue. Since the new MDX is larger you would expect power folding side mirrors.