2007 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Ups and downs

2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Ups and downs
By Alex on

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I want to say is that this SUV handles better than a vehicle this large and high should. Honda/Acura did a great job with the suspension and driver aids. The interior space is very nice. This car is wider than most of the competition so that translates into more passenger comfort when you have more than two passengers in the back seat. The third row is fine for kids or adults on short trips. I am disappointed in the gas mileage. In the city I am lucky to get over 12 mpg. On the highway I get about 19. Nowhere near the numbers advertised. I also find it pretty pathetic that a $40K+ vehicle has fake plastic wood. I have had panel gap issues.

Interior comfort. The suspension is a good compromise between controlled ride and comfort. Good power.

Drop about 500 lbs. That will get you better gas mileage and even better handling. Put in some real wood or skip the fake wood. Fix QC on panel gaps.