2007 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Review after 8 months

2007 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

Review after 8 months
By dsjunk on

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle but... in the 8 months I have owned it Acura had to replace the windshield (flaw causing distortion), adjust 2 of the door handles (installed wrong), replace the muffler (broken interior baffle), replace a rear strut (failed), replaced the battery (dead cell), fix the dash and trim (installed incorrectly) and other minor items. Mine has had horrible build quality, although my dealer is fantastic. I bought Acura because we have had great cars from Honda, but this isn't built nearly as well as my wife's Odyssey. But, no SUV out there drives this well. If you are considering, buy the SPORT, it's worth the money.

Bluetooth is FANTASTIC. Nav is good. I like the split 3rd row, it makes it much more functional. The clamshell center armrest is actually really useful. It drives SO WELL. The Sport just sticks like a sports sedan. XM radio rocks. I never thought I would want it, I bought a 3 year package!

Build quality (on mine) is an embarrassment to Acura. Too much cheap plastic on the dash. For a car of this price range, it should be real wood. For a car that touts safety, it should have rear back up sensors, the camera is good, but no replacement for sensors.