2007 Acura MDX Consumer Review: No Wonder it's the 2007 SUV of

2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Sport Package)

No Wonder it's the 2007 SUV of the year
By Acuraman3 on

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned two Toyota 4Runners, a Lexus RX 300 and a 330, and having test driven the 2007 Lexus GX 470 and the BMW X5, I can say without a doubt that the 2007 Acura MDX - my very first Acura - is the best SUV I've ever driven and much more fun than driving a car.The SH-AWD system alone is worth the price of ownership. The first big snow will make you smile because you'll feel safe and secure, knowing you'll get wherever you want to go. Actually, the SUV handles beautifully any time of year and Acura reliability means it won't be in the shop every month. The interior is classy and elegant. Comfortable and intuitive, it's the best SUV I've ever driven.

Favorite Features

So much fun to drive; terrific surround sound stereo system with the tech or sports package; the aux jack make it iPod ready; the Nav is simple to use and Bluetooth works wonderfully. Best of all: the SH-AWD system that is right up there with Audi's Quattro system.

Suggested Improvements

For a luxury SUV, how about a full size spare tire instead of a "compact" one? I bought a full sized one to have but it hangs about 3 inches below the rear of the car (ugly!), so I placed it in the rear cargo area. Also, the resolution on the Nav could be sharper.