2007 Acura MDX 3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package Consumer Review - My First Acura Vehicle

2007 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

My First Acura Vehicle
By JayT. on

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura vehicle, I previously owned a BMW coupe & am a current owner of an Odyssey. I primarily got this vehicle because of the value that was packed into this model. Comparing it with a BMW X5 (07- 3.0), this was a much lighter vehicle, lower cost & easier to handle. The ride was also quiet and the seats are comfortable. The third row seats' leg/shoulder room is better than the competition. Middle row seats are very comfy for the two outer most, however the middle one is not good for long travel. The driver seat is excellent in holding the driver and power seats have lumbar support. The sound system rocks! Navigation is easy to use & voice commands are very convenient.

Favorite Features

Navigation, sound system which supports DVD-A & MP3/WMA playback. Comfy seats for the first two rows. Bluetooth capability. Multi information display showing SH-AWD activity. 7 seats. Very light handling. Little to no blind spots. Proactive safety (DRL, side mirror markers, high seating).

Suggested Improvements

Sport running board is slippery when it rains. Auto dimming rear view mirror, roof rails, power liftgate is not standard. Interior cargo space for knick knacks, not a whole lot. Unable to see external temperature with trip A/B meter. Gas cap switch too close to the bottle holder on the driver door.