Amazing Vehicle!
By schnell76 on
2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Bought an aberdeen green the weekend before Thanksgiving and could not be more satisfied with it. Great power once you get the rpms up. The 5 speed should have been a 6, but it's not a deal killer at all. For me the transmission has taken a bit of time to get used to. I think it is geared more towards gas mileage until you get on it and then it really moves. Gas mileage has been between 18 & 19 mpg and that is mostly in town driving. Good for a 300 hp midsize suv. The lack of a dimming rear view mirror is no issue at all. The rear windshield is so dark that it is not necessary to buy the dimming mirror. Love the way the AC/fan speed adjusts based upon the location of the sun!
Favorite Features
Simple... the price. The MDX is an incredible value. The fact the the vehicle is so easy to clean. The ext paint, int carpet/leather and other surfaces. Just a damp cloth and pretty much anything comes off easily.
Suggested Improvements
6 speed transmission, but I would guess that would force fuel mileage to mid teens rather than what it is now. I have to believe there is some reason that they used a 5 speed & fuel mileage is the only thing I can come up with. Make both side mirrors capable of tilting down upon reversing.