2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great, fun, quality car
By lola9 on 07/14/07 19:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 15 years of loyal Lexus ownership, I decided to give Acura a try - so far, this seems to be a very wise decision. MDX is a fun drive, fast, sporty, comfortable, and family friendly.

Nice SUV
By Tom on 07/08/07 14:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Compared with Lexus 350, BMW X5 3.0, Better than the ones compared to. You can carry lots of people and/or stuff and have a whole lot of fun doing it!! This '07 MDX is truly as good as it gets!!

Great car, even better sound system
By Ryan on 06/29/07 17:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my MDX since October 06, have about 8,000 on her. Really a top notch SUV. Ride and handling are smooth and accurate. The interior design of the car is absolutely stunning. Seats are very comfortable and although some controls not in the most convenient of places, where else would you put them? There are a lot of features in this car. The navigation and voice recognition are excellent as is the handsfree phone operation. The most impressive feature is by far the DVD audio stereo system. The sound that comes out of this thing is beyond description, especially if you have a DVD audio disk. Overall, clearly one of the best SUVs out there today.

An SUV for Driving Enthusiasts
By Malyel on 06/27/07 08:46 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 3,000 miles I am in love with my MDX Sport. The MDX handles like a sports car. The brakes are amazing. It stops on a dime. Gas mileage is better than expected (17c/21h). Best of all, the MDX moves! The MDX has more features than any other SUV in its class. The MDX won out in our comparison with the GL450, X5, GX470 and Q7. The MDX actually drives like a sports sedan and not an SUV. The same can't be said about the other SUVs we tested.

Great Road Car
By rdhaddock on 06/26/07 09:29 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've put 27,000 miles on this car in less than 6 months and I love it. It gets 22 to 24 mpg on average with mostly road miles. Handling, acceleration, and everything is great. My only complaint would be that the seats are not as comfortable as I would like for such long road trips.

Disgusted Owner
By Disgusted Owner on 06/25/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been in the shop continuously. Driver door rattles, windshield leaks, interior trim was never fastened down, window regulator had to be replaced, steering wheel needed to be completely repositioned - one thing after another. I never thought an Acura would be this poorly built. The engine and handling is great, the interior is cheaply made and slapped together. Gas mileage is poor but it is an SUV. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. Dealer has worked hard to fix, but the factory sent them a lemon to sell me.

Disappointed in NH
By RS on 06/24/07 17:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We traded my wife's 02 RX 300 that never had one problem for 5 yrs. We wanted something a little bigger. The new MDX has 800 miles and the windshield wiper fell apart and scratched the glass. Also am hearing a series of thud sounds when shifting 1st to 2nd with little to no load. Additional rattles are coming from the rear shock area. The dealer had the car for over a week and found both wipers defective and replaced the windshield. Also replaced the exhaust below the cat converter and replaced rear swing arm spring seat as it was damaged along with replacing the spring itself. We picked up the vehicle and heard the same noise. I'm thinking I should have kept the 02 Lexus.

One-Month Review
By Don on 06/24/07 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Like the styling and comfort, but there are things that I missed completely with the test drive. 1) The bottom of the steering wheel feels like a food grater as the sharp and hard stitching sits above the leather, 2) the navigation system is at least 2-3 years behind in features with only 2D maps and ugly text for street names, 3) the AUX input requires an iPod at full volume, 4) the voice recognition is worthless and unusable, it's wrong at least 75% of the time, 5) when you drive in an "unverified" area (my home of 50 years) there are annoying warnings that don't go away without a lot of attention, and the worst, 6) the steering is so hard my wrists hurt when trying to turn a corner.

Sweet Ride!!
By annlee on 06/20/07 15:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Exceeds every SUV I compared to. It either has it better or less expensive. This car has every feature you can think of. The DVD surround stereo is amazing (front and rear can be operated separately by driver). I am having so much fun driving it. My husband is always trying to find a reason to drive it. We traded a '99 Landcruiser and the insurance only increased $100 over the 6mos... WOW!! This car has excellent safety ratings along with an alarm system that cuts off the fuel supply.

Nice dependable car
By Geo on 06/19/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I exchanged the 06 MDX for the 07 MDX. I like the exterior and the interior, compare to the 2006. The only problems is that with this 2007 the bumper front and back are plastic and makes the car look cheap. I do not understand on a luxury $40,000 dollar car they would install a plastic bumper. Also, the car has too much wind noise and the steering wheel is unconvertible.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.