Used 2007 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great Car
By bob

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car!! I have had no problem in the first 4000 miles and am very satisfied with the overall experience with this vehicle. The ride is so smooth and the power is there when you need it. The luxury, performance, and overall looks are worth the higher purchase price.

Navigation, comfort, backup camera, engine and overall ride.

Gas mileage could be better and rearview mirror has no autodim feature standard.

Terrible Tech!
By What Happened?

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Unlike the previous model MDX I owned, the new design has lost many extras and the bluetooth is extremely poor sounding! The sound is ported through the AM radio and it's extremely poor in the 07 and 08 models. I really miss the rain sensing wipers, the day/night mirror which is now finally included and the open bottom of the steering wheel to rest my hand on long trips. The ultimate insult is that darn Bluetooth. Company in the car just laugh at how bad it is when you cant understand people while driving over 40mph. So much for the "technology leader".

Body style, nav and 3rd row air bags.

FIX the POOR BLUETOOTH SOUND - it's very blurry/dull. Add rain sensing wipers, get rid of the "V" at the bottom of the steering wheel so we can rest our hands while driving. Add on star again. Reduce the size of the huge glove compartment so the passenger does not feel so squished.

Best vehicle in its class
By Rick From Crofton

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We picked up our MDX in June 2007. What a purchase! We compared all of the vehicles in the class and selecting this vehicle over all of the others from our perspective was a no- brainer. Here we are with over 10K miles and we just love this SUV. It is so fun to drive. We got everything on the vehicle. The technology pkg, the performance is unmatched. This vehicle has a powerful engine that truly delivers. We did the head to head test drives with the BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne and other top brand crossovers so the buying decision was very easy thereafter. It outperformed everything. Having had several Acuras in the past, the build quality is simply awesome. One test drive will sell this SUV.

The technology package is very nice. Very roomy interior and quite luxurious inside. Lots of headroom and legroom. The audio system is exquisite. Switchable comfort/sport ride is awesome. Has a very sporty, wide stance that keeps the vehicle on sure footing even when cornering at high speed.

The SUV should come with roof racks, side steps and power rear door standard. Redesign the front grille. It is a gas guzzler (but so fun to drive) - needs better MPG!!

Review after 8 months
By dsjunk

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle but... in the 8 months I have owned it Acura had to replace the windshield (flaw causing distortion), adjust 2 of the door handles (installed wrong), replace the muffler (broken interior baffle), replace a rear strut (failed), replaced the battery (dead cell), fix the dash and trim (installed incorrectly) and other minor items. Mine has had horrible build quality, although my dealer is fantastic. I bought Acura because we have had great cars from Honda, but this isn't built nearly as well as my wife's Odyssey. But, no SUV out there drives this well. If you are considering, buy the SPORT, it's worth the money.

Bluetooth is FANTASTIC. Nav is good. I like the split 3rd row, it makes it much more functional. The clamshell center armrest is actually really useful. It drives SO WELL. The Sport just sticks like a sports sedan. XM radio rocks. I never thought I would want it, I bought a 3 year package!

Build quality (on mine) is an embarrassment to Acura. Too much cheap plastic on the dash. For a car of this price range, it should be real wood. For a car that touts safety, it should have rear back up sensors, the camera is good, but no replacement for sensors.

What a fun-to-drive vehicle!
By CLopez

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2001 Lexus RX 300 for a fully-loaded 2007 MDX, and what a difference. The ride is not as comfortable/quiet as the Lexus but one can easily get used to its comfort level. Drove down to FL from NJ, and was so comfortable driving that I drove straight on the way back. The kids loved the Entertainment System that they did not even bother using the game system which we can plug in the truck too. Averaged around 20-21 MPG on our trip, and was very pleased with the good acceleration on the highways. Constantly getting looks hopefully due to its handsome styling. My only complain is that the voice recognition falters. I really enjoy driving this vehicle (which I think drives like a car).

Engine, navigation system, DVD/ES, backup camera, active damper control, SH-AWD, & styling.

Better MPG, better voice recognition, more bluetooth compatibility, a hybrid version, & auto-dimming side mirrors.