2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Some Major Issues with the New MDX
By Telee on 08/19/07 15:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Rear view is extremely limited. Very small side view mirrors and late to upload rear camera do not help. Back up lights are almost useless. The seats become very uncomfortable if you are slender. A seam cuts across your rear, otherwise they would be great. Our 2001 Lexus nav system was better that the one they pack in the MDX. The auto window lock-out locks the driver out as well as the passengers. Our dog continually lowers the windows with his paws, and turns on the heated seats both front and rear. The tail gate is slick, but the rear hatch opening is too small to fit furniture that, otherwise, should fit. The key fob is not intuitive. Take a long look before you buy.

Headrest issue
By jaystuff on 08/18/07 09:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

About 4000 miles now. Never has been to Acura for a single problem. For the money, you get a lot of stuff. Voice recognition is for the birds. Main problem that I didn't notice during my test drive: if you keep the seat erect, at a good angle for your posture, the head rest pushes your neck down !!! Most uncomfortable headrest in the industry. Acura claims that it is a safety feature, but it only works if you angle the seat back about 15 degrees!!! Mileage is okay for a heavy SUV. Get the sport package - handling is out-of-sight.

Satisfied in Chicago
By inguinal hernia on 08/02/07 19:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a new 07 MDX for a month now, and have driven it close to 2000 miles in city and suburb. Comparing it to my past ownership of a Honda Accord and my spouse's BMW 5 series sedan, I think this is an excellent AWD SUV and I would, with no doubt, buy it again. The audio system quality and navi. are noticeably superior to the bmw's. Easy to drive around family and friends in comfort. Easy to haul luggage and purchases from the local hardware store. Rear view camera is indispensable (IMHO, this should be standard on all SUVs for safety). Minor quibbles: "live" traffic update is not so helpful, I prefer pushing buttons or twisting dials for commands rather than voice.

Exceeds my expectations every day
By Larry on 08/01/07 21:02 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2007 MDX a superb vehicle. It's truly hard to express how great this vehicle is. The navigation system is intuitive and simple to use. The voice recognition is excellent. The ride is extremely comfortable and the vehicle handles the road extremely well. I can't imagine how well the Sports Package performs. Overall, easily the best vehicle I've owned (compared to Explorer, Jeep, BMW). Highly recommended.

Some serious design flaws
By LexThor on 07/31/07 20:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Huge side blind spots make lane changes a gamble. Uncomfortable seats. Dashboard angled steeply away from driver so in sunlight you cannot see the digital readouts. The 4 dash A/C vents almost close when you aim them to blow air at you. And under powered - if you think the 300hp stat means this car will outperform a 265hp V8, a test drive will show this car powers more like a 210 hp V6 costing $15K less. On the plus side, solid luxurious quiet ride and decent handling. Perfect for soccer moms. Not for inner city driving where you need power to zoom up hills and need to be aware of surrounding traffic in case of quick lane changes.

Perfect harmony of luxury, tech, and sport
By Facha on 07/31/07 07:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this SUV early July, and am loving every bit of the vehicle. My family members including myself are owners of 5 Lexus vehicles (2 ES, 2 GS, 1 SC) and I introduced the '07 MDX to the bunch. I have no complaints so far and I love the luxury feel of the inside with an awesome sport feel that I would not be able to get from the RX. I test drove several SUVs (Audi Q7, RX 350, BMW X5, Buick Enclave, Chevy Tahoe, looked at the LR3, GMC Acadia) and nothing came close to the drive and luxury that MDX offered. Navigation and voice commands for nav, climate and radio are by far the best.

All in one Champ
By Srid on 07/30/07 16:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Undoubtedly this is the best of its class vehicle with outstanding bang for the buck. I am into 3rd week of ownership, so my experience with it is minimal, but all for now I can observe and suggest that Acura improve the ride with more comfort or sportier. Either be more like comfy Lexus or sportier like BMW. Regardless, my experience is still minimal and as it stands I own an outstanding car.

Great family car
By Jake and Katie on 07/29/07 09:49 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We absolutely love this vehicle. It fits both of our kids (with car seats), our dog, and several adults comfortably. The memory seats are great, being that my husband and I have almost a foot difference in height. Does not drive quite as well as our Saab 9-3, but definitely more like a sedan than expected. Also like that insurance barely increased (and prior vehicle was 99 Passat).

Great Ride
By ken68 on 07/27/07 10:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

For an SUV I love the way this truck performs, rides and drives. I traded my 2005 TL, which was riddled with fit and finish issues, for the MDX and am very glad I did.

Wow, what a ride!
By ssundy on 07/26/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my MDX for about 4 months now and it's a fabulous vehicle all the way around. Fantastic styling, very fun to drive and pretty good on gas mileage for it's power and size. All my family and friends want one now lol!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.