Used 2007 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Love At First Sight
By SteelerMan

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2007 MDX just two days ago and LOVE it! It rides like a luxury SUV but with the kick and sporty attitude of a TL or TSX. The Technology Package blows my mind and I consider myself a "techy guy"! I am thrilled to have this vehicle!

Favorite Features

The Technology Package is by far my most favorite feature of the MDX. From the voice recognition to the rear view camera! It even imports your cell phone address book once you link the bluetooth connection. WOW!!! I also love the cabin as it is very quiet.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any!!!

Not so good
By bowie

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2007 MDX with/Tech pack in August 2007. Do not like it. The acceleration is sluggish, and the engine is noisy. The tech gadgets function well, but you have to take 20 hours to read the manual to learn how to use them. The navigation system comes with a very old map and POI database. You cannot find any place built after 2004. The navigation system also does not take latitude/longitude. The $3000 navigation system is not better than a $150 portable.

Favorite Features

Highway gas mileage is good, I got 24 MPG on highway.

Suggested Improvements

Put a 6 speed transmission. Set a reasonable price for navigation DVD upgrades. With $200, you can buy a new car gps

my truck drives better
By Kate

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Between Sept 2007 and April 2008 I had 3 sets of front tires, 2 sets of back tires and it drives worse than my Tacoma! I jumps from side to side over bumps. It's unpredictable on stopping. Honda Corp only tell me they can try and "have it fixed" It's been in 7 times in 8 months! I stopped driving it in June. Selling something to you that is broken then just "fixing it" is unethical. I would suggest that NO ONE ever buy this car!!

Favorite Features

I loved the design of this car and am really disappointed it turned out to be the worst thing I've ever driven

Ups and downs
By Alex

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I want to say is that this SUV handles better than a vehicle this large and high should. Honda/Acura did a great job with the suspension and driver aids. The interior space is very nice. This car is wider than most of the competition so that translates into more passenger comfort when you have more than two passengers in the back seat. The third row is fine for kids or adults on short trips. I am disappointed in the gas mileage. In the city I am lucky to get over 12 mpg. On the highway I get about 19. Nowhere near the numbers advertised. I also find it pretty pathetic that a $40K+ vehicle has fake plastic wood. I have had panel gap issues.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort. The suspension is a good compromise between controlled ride and comfort. Good power.

Suggested Improvements

Drop about 500 lbs. That will get you better gas mileage and even better handling. Put in some real wood or skip the fake wood. Fix QC on panel gaps.

luv my mdx
By vc

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MDX after surviving a roll over in my 2003. That car saved my life. For comfort, dependability, class and affordability, this is the car for me!

Favorite Features

Love the heated seats, visibility and making u-turns on a dime! Total comfort for all passengers. Plenty of storage space and room enough for those tall friends of ours.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing I would change is the space between the front seats and console is a trap for dropped papers, pens and my cell phone!