2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great family SUV can be improved
By Baymate Diego on 10/11/07 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought a 2007 Acura MDX tech package more than a month ago. Great handling. Overall excellent interior and exterior. Both navigation and backup camera are great additions. Vehicle is wilder than comparable vehicles so think about parking in crowded garages before purchase. We bought this over competitions because of excellent value and the 7 seat capacity. Third row seats practical only for kids. There is sometimes wind noise coming from the right side when driving on freeway. Have not figured that one out yet.

traded for a Audi Q7
By jadladrad on 10/10/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First and probably my last Acura. Big Honda fan so had high expectations that were not met. I liked the styling and it was fun to drive but overall the build quality and use of cheap materials got tiresome.

Road Tripper
By Ryan on 10/06/07 07:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We bought our MDX in May 2007 and immediately took it on a 4 month, 12,500+ mile road trip through the USA and Canada. Mountains, deserts, bad roads and good - we really put this car through its paces and have been very satisfied. The MDX drives like a car on twisty roads even without the sport suspension and the manumatic was very useful in the mountains. Interior space is excellent - we traveled with a baby & all associated gear. The nav system is accurate and easy to use. Highway gas mileage is better than rated (about 25 mpg), but city is worse (about 17). Only mechanical prob is a "clicking" noise when steering at low speed - dealer says they have a fix - have to see.

Very Happy Wife
By BIgd... on 10/04/07 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

So far just getting used to all the gadgets has been a challenge. I really like the feature when you unlock it but forget something and have to go back. You can program it to lock in 30, 60 or 90 seconds after you may have inadvertently unlocked it and forgot. Great security feature. I have taken it on a few long trips and am also very happy with the cruise control especially on steep hill climbs like I have in BC,Canada. I have set it at 80 MPH and climbed a 12%-18% hill grade and maintained it for the 2km hill climb. Awesome!! I actually like the navi control knob that some people seem to hate.

Vibrates Like Crazy
By Lewis Lake on 09/23/07 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This vehicle vibrates badly at speeds above 60 MPH and has noise issues with rear windows down. Although the performance is great, it corners well, and acts like a big 4X4, it's no fun when the vibration pushes you off the highway. The dealer has not been able to fix the problem and Acura said they have company cars the act the same way. "Live with it!"

Great experience so far
By Seattle MDX Driver on 09/16/07 21:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Four months and counting in this new SUV We wanted a fun to drive, dependable SUV cut out for city and commuter driving with two kids in the back seat and with the ability to handle snow when needed. I think we got it. Only a couple of downsides so far. The front seat makes my legs ache on long drives - in fairness I'm tall but not that tall. Adjusting the seat to unusal configs helps when the legs start to hurt. And the rear view camera has been useless to us so far, very hard to see in most daylight situations, at least for us. I wish I had the rear sensors instead.

Awesome car, some suggested improvements
By Davispandk on 09/13/07 14:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First the positive - this is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. It is an awesome vehicle for sure. The technology is like a science fiction movie, at least for someone like me who has never owned a luxury car before. Everything is easy to use if you take the time to read the manual and practice. There are so many minor details that Acura does right to make this car so much more than just a car. I do have some complaints, though, and they mostly relate to practicality: 3rd row legroom could be better based on experience in similar size cars; 2nd row seat buckles are poorly spaced for booster seats; 2nd row climate control vents do not adequately reach the 3rd row.

What a powerful beauty
By try2follow on 09/08/07 21:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I was driving a 2005 MDX and was offered a company car. The choice included BMW X5, Mercedes ML350, Audi Q7 and Lexus RX 350. Given my excellent experience with Acura for the last 2 years I opted for the new MDX. Acura did a great job (interior and exterior). I love the new sporty look. The seats are very comfortable and provide good support. The 300 hp engine does a great job, sound and performance are impressive. I prefer the new navigation system over the old one. The 10-speaker sound system beats my stereo at home! My children love the larger DVD screen (9 inch now). The blind spots are a problem but once you know you are just extra careful when changing lanes.

Love my Car!
By shl1108 on 09/07/07 12:31 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I drive considerably on the freeways and side streets for my job every day. I wanted navigation, 3rd row for the kids, midsize luxury SUV. The style is great, so fun to drive and it is the perfect size for my family (3 kids). When I say fun to drive, I really mean I love to drive this car. To soccer games/practices, choir practices, school and preschool drop and pick up. It makes the necessary work and family driving less painful and that is exactly what I was looking for in this car. The upside: smooth pick up (especially at 50 mph+, like a galloping horse), real time traffic on the navi has saved me plenty of time already. My kids love the heated rear seats and DVD.

Finally traded old MDX and love new one!
By MDX02Then07 on 09/02/07 20:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I finally traded in my '02 MDX after nearly 6 years of hauling countless kids. I was reluctant to let it go, because it was a great car. When I first drove the new '07 model it seemed too big and I didn't like the grille. I am so happy with that I let that go The ride is fantastic, it's easy to park around the city, the back up camera, bluetooth, and navigation are fantastic. The power lift gate is a great convenience. The driver seat is so comfortable. My kids are in heaven with the rear entertainment system, and I can still listen to my sounds up front. How great is that?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.