2007 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great car - horrible gas mileage
By D Taylor on 06/19/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Overall this is a great car. I've strictly driven Lexus for the past few years due to the quality and comfort of their cars/SUVs. This is my first foray with Acura. The MDX is a nice car that is easy to drive, although had I known I would only be getting 12.5 mpg around town, I probably would have purchased something else. Oh, and the back-up camera does not work well if too much light is shining on the back of the car.

Best Honda Ever
By Hondafan on 04/30/08 13:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned over a dozen Hondas and Acuras through the years. I must confess this is probably the best vehicle Honda has ever made, right up there with such ground breakers as the NSX and s2000. Honda has simply built an SUV version of the Acura RL. I should know since I also have an RL. In all but the most aggressive of handling maneuvers the MDX matches the RL. It's very quiet with a nice engine growl when revved. Acceleration is good for such a heavy vehicle. Rear comfort for 2 is excellent. The other 3 spots are for children. Cargo space is ample with the rear seat stowed, towing performance is excellent. Competitors may be better in one category or another, but overall none is even clo

An SUV with Dollar & Sense
By Dollar & Sense SUV on 04/24/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car on January, 2007, have test driven X5, FX45, and Lexus; however, this MDX has out performed all these others by the quality, luxury, and value. Beautiful car, consistent build quality, powerful performance.

Best in comfort and power
By fly on 03/02/08 07:25 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This suv has everyting from heads up display to nav. I love the mdx. I have taken the mdx on long trips and found the comfort level is 2nd to none. My wife will not fly so all our trips are on the highway. Highway miles per gallon 22-23 mpg @74mph city 17-18 mpg The only problem I find is the gas tank door sticks when cold.

Top Notch!
By Anthony R. on 02/14/08 14:15 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I replaced this vehicle for a 1999 4Runner. I also considered the Lexus GX470, BMW X5, and Audi Q7. Extremely comfortable to drive, love the interior and all of the tech features. First class!

Great Car
By bob on 02/10/08 01:03 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love this car!! I have had no problem in the first 4000 miles and am very satisfied with the overall experience with this vehicle. The ride is so smooth and the power is there when you need it. The luxury, performance, and overall looks are worth the higher purchase price.

Terrible Tech!
By What Happened? on 02/07/08 09:28 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Unlike the previous model MDX I owned, the new design has lost many extras and the bluetooth is extremely poor sounding! The sound is ported through the AM radio and it's extremely poor in the 07 and 08 models. I really miss the rain sensing wipers, the day/night mirror which is now finally included and the open bottom of the steering wheel to rest my hand on long trips. The ultimate insult is that darn Bluetooth. Company in the car just laugh at how bad it is when you cant understand people while driving over 40mph. So much for the "technology leader".

Best vehicle in its class
By Rick From Crofton on 02/06/08 13:38 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We picked up our MDX in June 2007. What a purchase! We compared all of the vehicles in the class and selecting this vehicle over all of the others from our perspective was a no- brainer. Here we are with over 10K miles and we just love this SUV. It is so fun to drive. We got everything on the vehicle. The technology pkg, the performance is unmatched. This vehicle has a powerful engine that truly delivers. We did the head to head test drives with the BMW X5, Porsche Cayenne and other top brand crossovers so the buying decision was very easy thereafter. It outperformed everything. Having had several Acuras in the past, the build quality is simply awesome. One test drive will sell this SUV.

Review after 8 months
By dsjunk on 02/02/08 06:00 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great vehicle but... in the 8 months I have owned it Acura had to replace the windshield (flaw causing distortion), adjust 2 of the door handles (installed wrong), replace the muffler (broken interior baffle), replace a rear strut (failed), replaced the battery (dead cell), fix the dash and trim (installed incorrectly) and other minor items. Mine has had horrible build quality, although my dealer is fantastic. I bought Acura because we have had great cars from Honda, but this isn't built nearly as well as my wife's Odyssey. But, no SUV out there drives this well. If you are considering, buy the SPORT, it's worth the money.

What a fun-to-drive vehicle!
By CLopez on 01/08/08 09:56 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Traded in my 2001 Lexus RX 300 for a fully-loaded 2007 MDX, and what a difference. The ride is not as comfortable/quiet as the Lexus but one can easily get used to its comfort level. Drove down to FL from NJ, and was so comfortable driving that I drove straight on the way back. The kids loved the Entertainment System that they did not even bother using the game system which we can plug in the truck too. Averaged around 20-21 MPG on our trip, and was very pleased with the good acceleration on the highways. Constantly getting looks hopefully due to its handsome styling. My only complain is that the voice recognition falters. I really enjoy driving this vehicle (which I think drives like a car).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.