Used 2007 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

no regrets
By cvillemdx

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After months of careful research and test drives at BMW, Lexus, Volvo, etc. I settled on the MDX without a doubt in mind. I love the way the car handles, no stiffness or resistance in the steering or acceleration. The interior design is a little Star Trek for me, but once I figured everything out, it is a pleasure to have all the extras (XM radio, navigation, Bluetooth, backup camera, etc.)

Favorite Features

The self-adjusting side mirrors which rotate to give you a view of the curb/lines as you back up. Makes backing into parking spaces and parallel parking a breeze, along with the back-up camera. Also a fan of the push-to-talk for my cell phone.

Suggested Improvements

Auto-open for the back hatch should be standard. There IS an iPod link in all MDX (I don't know why people are saying there's not) it's inside the center console. Buy an AUX cord and you're good to go (looks like a two-way headphone connector.) Fuel economy around 20/22 for me, but hey, it's an SUV.

Best vehicle we've ever owned
By Pleased

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm two years into a three year lease and I love this car. The only thing I would change would be the shape of the grill...THAT'S IT. Everything else is perfect. Great performance, plenty of power and AWD when skiing, plenty of room for baggage, great MPG for an SUV, navi system is far superior to GM's Suburban (don't have to put in park to change your destination, etc). Zero problems...just gas and oil changes. One beautiful car...except for the sho-gun shield looking grill.

Favorite Features

Navi is easy, hands-free is great, AWD is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the angular, shield looking grill in front. Other than that...perfect.

2 years with the MDX
By wasatch7

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First luxury crossover SUV I have owned. MDX won out over the Lexus, and cost less for a very well equipped base package. Handling, power and ride are outstanding. Back seats are a little less comfortable for my tall teenagers. Back cargo area is very roomy, and easily expandable with 3rd seat folded and back seats down. I drive up snowy, often treacherous mountain canyons to ski in the winter. The SH-AWD system, coupled with the manual shift mode (for descents), is outstanding. The MDX is much better in the snow than 3 truck base SUVs, I have owned previously.

Favorite Features

AWD system, exterior styling, cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is not great, and the need for premium fuel is expensive, especially when gas tops $4.00/gallon. A hybrid MDX would be a great addition.

Drives like a dream
By mnozek

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Japanese SUV we have had in a while. Last SUV's were Yukon XL and Envoy XL. This beats them out by far. Performs almost as well as our Mercedes e class but has the utility of our Envoy. We always take this on trips and it is very comfortable. The third row is great for smaller children but not so much for adults. Best SUV so far. No problems within our almost 2 years ownership.

Favorite Features

Navigation, sound system, bluetooth, comfort, acceleration, performance, all wheel drive ability.

Suggested Improvements

14.1 ave. mpg, but what can you expect for a 4500 pound 300 hp SUV?

I love my MDX!
By Debce

I have owned my MDX for about 1 1/2 yrs & have loved every minute of driving the 24k problem free miles on it! It is so much fun to drive; looks & feels luxurious so no problem pulling up to upscale places! I didn't want to give up space to pop things in the back and go so I keep the third seat down & purchased the rubber mat for the back. I have plenty of room while at the same time I am "zippy"; easily pulling into parking spaces and getting around town. I love the navigation system, although it does need updating and the bluetooth is wonderful, although for some reason it keeps unhooking my Treo phone which the Acura people say is the phone's fault. LOVE IT & would buy it again.

Favorite Features

Large storage area, hands free phone with the bluetooth & voice recognition is safe. The heaviness of it feels safe and large interior is very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage and ability to use regular gas. I get around 16-17 mpg around town. I like my friend's car that beeps when backing up as opposed to the camera which still feels awkward & is slow at start. I think the stereo system could be better & I wish I had automatic windshield wipers.