2007 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2007 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Fantastic
By TerribleJ on 01/01/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It is a fun SUV to drive. The engine is smooth, the white lights are super bright, the sound system is amazing and it does not feel like a big car behind the wheels. It handles amazingly well in the snow and would likely recommend it to anyone. I just went through a B1 service, oil change and tire rotation, which cost me $56. It seems fair compared to the maintenance on the Audi. We do a lot of highway driving and average 19 MPG and it took about 7500 miles before the service light came on. We have an Accord and Honda USA treated us well. We got rid of our Audi and went with a Honda product. We made the right choice.

Amazing!!! Love this car!!
By kellycrewmom on 12/13/08 15:40 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a realtor in Colorado and went up to Whale Rock Road in Bellvue to list a home. The owner said I would need chains to get up and down the hills. I took a chance and drove up the hill without any issues, used the manual transmission to drive down the switch backs and snowy, icey hills to "civilization" and the car basically drove me down. When I would've shifted it was already where I wanted it. I generally do not drive off-road and was amazed at the handling capability. This car is quiet, comfortable and stylish with plenty of room. (Love the storage and 3rd row seat when needed). I'm thrilled I have the MDX! Thank you Acura you have a fan, who is living to talk about it!

MDX - Best SUV on the Market
By Dr. T on 12/03/08 22:15 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I now have over 18,000 trouble free miles on my MDX. It is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Very comfortable on long trips. Performance is even better with a K&N low resistance air filter.

Great
By Max on 11/13/08 18:08 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best SUV I have owned. Power on demand, luxury interior, gas mileage is all right. It is top quality vehicle, can't beat it.

Great, but not perfect...
By alain on 10/06/08 12:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this a year ago new and it's 13k later. Don't let the 300hp engine fool you. This SUV has much less pick up than my 01 V8 Grand Cherokee which it replaced (I leave on 'hills' and the car can't stay 60mph on 5th and takes a long time to shift to 4th which is way too high rpm) - but slightly better gas mileage for a larger car (the onboard mile computer is off by the way). Rear camera takes 10 sec when backing up (making it much less useful). Also mismatching color bumper is tacky IMO for $45k car (I picked silver body which blends the best). Instrument cockpit is WAY too busy with DVD/nav system (and I'm a techy).

Love At First Sight
By SteelerMan on 09/25/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

I purchased my 2007 MDX just two days ago and LOVE it! It rides like a luxury SUV but with the kick and sporty attitude of a TL or TSX. The Technology Package blows my mind and I consider myself a "techy guy"! I am thrilled to have this vehicle!

Not so good
By bowie on 09/10/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2007 MDX with/Tech pack in August 2007. Do not like it. The acceleration is sluggish, and the engine is noisy. The tech gadgets function well, but you have to take 20 hours to read the manual to learn how to use them. The navigation system comes with a very old map and POI database. You cannot find any place built after 2004. The navigation system also does not take latitude/longitude. The $3000 navigation system is not better than a $150 portable.

my truck drives better
By Kate on 08/28/08 10:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Between Sept 2007 and April 2008 I had 3 sets of front tires, 2 sets of back tires and it drives worse than my Tacoma! I jumps from side to side over bumps. It's unpredictable on stopping. Honda Corp only tell me they can try and "have it fixed" It's been in 7 times in 8 months! I stopped driving it in June. Selling something to you that is broken then just "fixing it" is unethical. I would suggest that NO ONE ever buy this car!!

Ups and downs
By Alex on 08/07/08 16:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First thing I want to say is that this SUV handles better than a vehicle this large and high should. Honda/Acura did a great job with the suspension and driver aids. The interior space is very nice. This car is wider than most of the competition so that translates into more passenger comfort when you have more than two passengers in the back seat. The third row is fine for kids or adults on short trips. I am disappointed in the gas mileage. In the city I am lucky to get over 12 mpg. On the highway I get about 19. Nowhere near the numbers advertised. I also find it pretty pathetic that a $40K+ vehicle has fake plastic wood. I have had panel gap issues.

luv my mdx
By vc on 07/16/08 18:51 PM (PDT)

This is my second MDX after surviving a roll over in my 2003. That car saved my life. For comfort, dependability, class and affordability, this is the car for me!