Used 2007 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great SUV, love it
By Tim

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This was our first luxury vehicle purchase. We bought the 07 Sport/Ent with 18K miles from an Acura dealership (Certified). We compare it to X5, ML, and the RX and the Acura had many more features, and more value than the competitors. Sporty feel, good power once the rpms climb, nice interior. Wish the interior was more quiet at highway speed and the LED for the sport button and the trunk release button died but luckily replaced under warranty.

Favorite Features

Love the easy to use Nav, Hands free voice, and the XM display with the nav makes surfing for music fun.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing really to report.

Love it!
By AB

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased Acura MDX in February 2007. Loved it from day 1. It is stylish, sporty, and everything I could have asked for. I can drive alone, or load family and friends and still enjoy the ride. The one thing I don't like in Acura MDX are the front wipers. They stink! The wipers started jumping within few months of my buying the MDX and Acura could not fix it. So I am living with it. My transmission failed once and they fixed it because it was under warranty. Anyway, I think MDX is a great car. I love every bit of it.

Favorite Features

Sporty style, looks, 7 seats.

Suggested Improvements

Front wipers, rear view camera should be standard.

Second Acura and keep coming back
By MDXOWNER

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Acura (first was a 2005 TL) and I purchased the MDX for my wife because we needed more room for a growing family. It’s been two years and it still turns heads on the road (even mine after I park it) because the styling is simple, yet screams “I have 300 hp under this hood”. Overall, you cannot go wrong with the Acura brand from a prestige, reliability and value standpoint. The MDX is upscale and it’s easy to scoff at BMW or Mercedes because of the superb value of the MDX. Acura has simple options and doesn’t hold you hostage with multiple ‘option packages’ in order to get what you want.

Favorite Features

Power and the engine ‘growl’ is nice. The xenon headlights and LED rear lights are awesome. They are extremely bright (especially with fog lights on) and everyone knows you are coming. The aggressive exterior styling is eye-catching. The navigation system is easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage, ELS radio is not the best, leather quality could be better, fit and finish issues, no ipod connection.

07 MDX / Tech pkg.
By Don

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new MDX in 02 and was very happy with it. The few things I didn't like were resolved in the 07 redesign. For a sport ute I'm happy with the ride quality, reduced road noise, seat comfort, power and handling. At 38 K miles the AC quit but was repaired under warranty. The 1st of 4 Acuras to ever go in the shop for a repair. I don't like the vertical spoke at the bottom of the steering wheel where my hands want to rest on long drives. I think it's a bargain relative to the price of the BMW or Porsche.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable front seats. Superb sound system. All driver controls are placed perfectly. Nav system very good and easy to operate. Hands free link works very well.

Suggested Improvements

I think it could use a better looking set of wheels. Put a power source in the console with the aux input. Get rid of the vertical spoke on the steering wheel.

I keep going back to Acura
By FlewByU

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just moved to Germany two months ago and bought an 07 MDX from another military member. It has everything I could want. We just returned from a week driving through the Alps and this SUV is simply amazing. Granted, I get to drive it much faster than I could in the states, but even at 120 MPH, it was rock solid. We need the AWD for the snow and the kids stay entertained with the AV system. Plenty of passing power and very comfortable on long trips. Acuras are rare in Germany and I get stares all the time by curious Bavarians wondering what kind of vehicle I have. If you are in the market for a luxury SUV for family touring, with cool tech toys to play with, MDX can't be beat.

Favorite Features

The separate controls for the rear passengers are awesome. I can control temp and AV from the front or switch to rear. Sound system is amazing. I will sometimes sit in the driveway and just listen. Also has a 120v outlet in console. Great for us since we live with 220v and need 120 on occasion.

Suggested Improvements

I will have to add a few things that I didn't have to add on my 4Runner, i.e. a roof rack and a hitch. Also gas mileage is not great, but at 100 mph on the Autobahn, what else would I expect.