2007 Acura MDX Base Model
By Todd on
2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
I've had my MDX for about a month now; traded in my 2000 Grand Cherokee. While I don't think this has the off-road capabilities of the Jeep, how often are you really "off-road"? (Once in 7 years for me). The front seats are extremely comfortable and the ride is one of the smoothest I've ever had. Had a big snowstorm recently and I would classify the performance as "decent, but not great." I considered the Q7, XC90 and 4Runner as well. For the price, you cannot beat the standards in the MDX anywhere. Thought about upgrade to to Tech pkg, but expensive and will probably just get aftermarket Nav at some point for way cheaper.
Favorite Features
Quiet, smooth ride - handles great and quick on the highway. Exterior and interior design. XM! Memory settings for two. Bluetooth is easy to use. Steering wheel controls are simple.
Suggested Improvements
Where the Nav is in the other models, the base only displays the time and date. What a waste - could easily display compass and outside temp there. And compass and roof rack are only available with upgrades - how can these not be standard? (Buy rack aftermarket to save big!) No song name on FM.