Used 2007 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

$5000 More, Get an Audi Q7
By EricExcaliber

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I real let down by Acura across the board. I have always bought acuras, but this is one is a let down. It eats gas like a V8, it is very umcomfortable if you are over 5ft. It is very bumoy and the engine struggles. 300hp feels like 220hp. The center console will have you feeling you about to blast off into space. And the pencil thin steerling wheel feels like a 1980s Car. The third row cannot even fit teenagers at all. It does fell like an suv, it is more like a wagon. And for this price tag you can get an Audi Q7 fully loaded,or even a BMW X5 So i did , A Audi Q7 4.2 premium.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, back up camera, Rear entertainment

Suggested Improvements

Way better ride quality for this price, better gas milage, it is a V6. Better pick up, Way thicker steering wheel, Easier readable center stack, looks like an airplane. Seats need to be more comfortable and cabin needs more space, like an Audi Q7 or even the old MDX

What a nice car
By Paul

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Driving is so fun with powerful engine and active damper control. I don't regret any penny I spent on this car. Well designed amenities are very user friendly. Improved voice recognition functions are so useful in inserting address on the navigation system.

Favorite Features

Active damper control, automatic tailgate.

Now I have TWO MDXs
By George

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased an MDX Tech with the Entertainment pack for my wife last year when it debuted. I love it. I was driving it so often that my wife said get your own and I did 4 days ago! I looked at the mercedes g450 but $70,000 with the options was $20,000 more than mine. I test drove Audi G7, Lexus GX470, Volvo x90, BMW X5, Cadillac Escalade and SR ALL more expensive cannot compare to the MDX. I purchased the Sport/entertainment Black. Quality and reliability 10, it drives like a dream. Great passing acceleration. Best Nav I have seen. The drive is smooth and comfortable. Bluetooth works well with my Verizon Treo700.

Favorite Features

The navigation, the stereo system, the iPod link, comfortable, smooth acceleration. The hatch autolift, 7 passenger. Sharp looks. Price is right when compared with competition.

Suggested Improvements

Hybrid.

I'd Rather Have a BMW
By adam

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Good car, handles nicely, I expected a little more kick. The car has the technology I need but it may be a little too technologically advanced. My only complaint is that it is the ugliest car on the road.

Favorite Features

Technology, voice activated features, pricetag.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign the outside, it's ugly.

NOTHING ELSE Compares!
By Rich

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Like BMW, Audi, WRX STI, only judge the MDX after it has a minimun of 8-10K miles. Improvements in power, suspension performance, quietness, door seals/wind-noise occur. Fast, smooth, 300 HP. Experience 17-22.5 MPG. Computerized SHAWD/Delphi-Magneto-Rheological Shocks and Michelins, corner like on rails with no tire noise/squeal. Suspension allows powering through steep/fast turns like no other car. “Comfort Switch” allows MDX Sport a Lexus-Ride (leveling tar-strips!) or in “Sport Mode”, MDX will exceed any other SUV's handling capability. Min. hydroplaning and goes through snow like tank.

Favorite Features

Short-throw brakes, by-wire throttle, self-leveling 190 deg. Headlights. 5-Speed-auto does NOT search; it is always in “sweet-spot” of gear. Want to play, use “Manual-Mode” either up or down in gear. Sound system is fantastic, but you must first fine-tune 20 computerized controls to your liking.

Suggested Improvements

100 more horsepower. Exhaust pipes and mufflers (seen from rear) rust fast. Should always appear silver using stainless, galvanized or paint. Sanded and painted mine with silver-chrome high temp engine paint. Looks sharp! Otherwise perfect!