Used 2007 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Nice dependable car
By Geo

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I exchanged the 06 MDX for the 07 MDX. I like the exterior and the interior, compare to the 2006. The only problems is that with this 2007 the bumper front and back are plastic and makes the car look cheap. I do not understand on a luxury $40,000 dollar car they would install a plastic bumper. Also, the car has too much wind noise and the steering wheel is unconvertible.

Favorite Features

Favorite features are the bluetooth, the speakers including the subwoofer and wood trimming in the interior of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Most important paint the bumper to the color of the vehicle and change the steering wheel to the original antique style all cars have.

Unbelievable
By pete

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this vehicle and it is best I've ever owned. 'm getting 18.5 MPG. For 300 hp, no complaints there. I got the base and added roofrack, crossbars, sport rails and daynight mirror and still came in literally 15k less than BMW, 7k less than Lexus (RX 350). Great ride, great warranty, great afterownership services through Acura. Safest SUV on road, Make this your last test drive and you will buy it; no other automaker can justify the price difference.

Favorite Features

Interior design, ride quality, exterior looks, acceleration, brakes.

Very Nice SUV
By ToddB

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently traded in my Lexus RX 350 for the 2007 MDX. Living in the mountains of Utah I need something comparable to a dog sled. Also needed reliability. Not as smooth as my Lexus, but plenty of power for the steep roads (manual comes in handy). Love the styling. It's the most unique vehicle on the road - some may say unique = ugly! Takes a while to learn the tech stuff. 19 MPG mixed driving, mostly city. Overall, very pleased.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, navi.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage.

After 5,000 miles still best SUV for $$
By Tony

I had written a previous post about the MDX but wanted to reserve judgement until I had more miles on it. We just passed the 5,000 mile mark and the MDX is still the best SUV on the market today IMHO. MPG=20.3, great reliability, comfortable and stylish interior. Plenty of room for kids. A lot of fun for road trips. I have heard people say that the car is too advanced, and I don't really understand that as a negative. The car is very intuitive. I am no computer geek but I have had no problems learning the tech features. If you pay this much for a vehicle, I want all these features!! Get a lot of positive comments about the car. Really breaks the mold!!

Favorite Features

Interior, handling, navigation, versatility. Acura name!!

Suggested Improvements

Upgraded rear view mirror should be standard. Access to 3rd row from both left and right sides.

Test Drive It Carefully... Major Regrets!
By DisappointedOwner

I have owned two other MDXs and loved them. This one is a major disappointment. The steering is tough. The steering wheel is impossible to find a place to grip it comfortably. The joystick navigation is annoying and distracting to use. No touch screen navigation. The rear/side blind spots are overwhelmingly dangerous. You simply can not see out the rear/sides. The front seat feels crowded and I have to crouch down in my seat to see the front of the car. The rear view mirror appears to block 1/3 of the vision of the front window. Overall, a very uncomfortable driving situation. Test drive it for a day before you buy it. A ride around the block won't reveal the problems.

Favorite Features

Automatic rear door, third row seats are nice.

Suggested Improvements

Get back to a simple steering wheel, get rid of the joystick navigation, improve the blind spot situation, go back to the touch screen navigation.