Used 2007 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great Road Car
By rdhaddock

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've put 27,000 miles on this car in less than 6 months and I love it. It gets 22 to 24 mpg on average with mostly road miles. Handling, acceleration, and everything is great. My only complaint would be that the seats are not as comfortable as I would like for such long road trips.

Navigation system and SH-AWD are the two best features.

Better front seats - more support and more adjustments.

Disgusted Owner
By Disgusted Owner

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been in the shop continuously. Driver door rattles, windshield leaks, interior trim was never fastened down, window regulator had to be replaced, steering wheel needed to be completely repositioned - one thing after another. I never thought an Acura would be this poorly built. The engine and handling is great, the interior is cheaply made and slapped together. Gas mileage is poor but it is an SUV. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. Dealer has worked hard to fix, but the factory sent them a lemon to sell me.

None

Build a quality car

Disappointed in NH
By RS

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We traded my wife's 02 RX 300 that never had one problem for 5 yrs. We wanted something a little bigger. The new MDX has 800 miles and the windshield wiper fell apart and scratched the glass. Also am hearing a series of thud sounds when shifting 1st to 2nd with little to no load. Additional rattles are coming from the rear shock area. The dealer had the car for over a week and found both wipers defective and replaced the windshield. Also replaced the exhaust below the cat converter and replaced rear swing arm spring seat as it was damaged along with replacing the spring itself. We picked up the vehicle and heard the same noise. I'm thinking I should have kept the 02 Lexus.

Good performance and fun to drive.

Overall quality is poor for such a high end car.

One-Month Review
By Don

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Like the styling and comfort, but there are things that I missed completely with the test drive. 1) The bottom of the steering wheel feels like a food grater as the sharp and hard stitching sits above the leather, 2) the navigation system is at least 2-3 years behind in features with only 2D maps and ugly text for street names, 3) the AUX input requires an iPod at full volume, 4) the voice recognition is worthless and unusable, it's wrong at least 75% of the time, 5) when you drive in an "unverified" area (my home of 50 years) there are annoying warnings that don't go away without a lot of attention, and the worst, 6) the steering is so hard my wrists hurt when trying to turn a corner.

Styling, driver's seat comfort, highway driving.

Needs power-steering, replace the navigation system with new technology and up-to-date database including touch-screen, make the steering wheel comfortable to hold rather than painful, iPod interface, use LCD screen for all dashboard controls, don't bother with voice-recognition.

Sweet Ride!!
By annlee

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Exceeds every SUV I compared to. It either has it better or less expensive. This car has every feature you can think of. The DVD surround stereo is amazing (front and rear can be operated separately by driver). I am having so much fun driving it. My husband is always trying to find a reason to drive it. We traded a '99 Landcruiser and the insurance only increased $100 over the 6mos... WOW!! This car has excellent safety ratings along with an alarm system that cuts off the fuel supply.

Handsfree link, navigation, voice recognition, power liftgate, rearview camera, driver 1 and 2 memory settings (goes way beyond seats, includes music and much more).

Gas mileage (every car can always afford some improvement but is not less than what I expected, averaging 20-23 highway mpg 16-18 in the city), I wish I could play recorded DVDs in the rear dvd player, full size spare tire.