2007 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
I regret buying this car.
By Simon on 01/04/07 07:19 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned the car for only 6 weeks, and I have experienced the following problems. The right front door started to rattle the next day after delivery. After the door was fixed, the sunroof and the front passenger seat started to rattle. After these were fixed, the dashboard started to rattle. The AC compressor makes a loud thump when it starts, and it can repeat the start-and- stop cycle several times when you wait for the green light. The transmission makes knocking noises when both speed and rpm are low as if it were a 10,000- mile-old transmission. The back of the car produces a click sound when any of the doors is shut closed. The last two problems also occurred in the loaner MDX I got.

07 Red MDX
By Jose A Ramos on 01/04/07 04:16 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Comfortable ride although I've experienced a little bit of wind and road noise.

2007 Acura MDX Base Model
By Jeff on 01/03/07 19:18 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I find this vehicle to be exceptional in design, comfort, and responsiveness. My initial concern of possible road noise was unfounded. Rides very well. Only surprise was the original equipment tires were only DOT rated Traction/Temperature B/B. Disappointing for a luxury SUV. Had optional roof rack and cross bars installed since these are no longer standard equipment.

A driver's SUV
By Al on 01/03/07 13:29 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

About 3 weeks into my ownership, and I love the MDX so far. It is probably the most comfortable drive of any vehicle I have owned, including luxury sedans. I narrowed my choices to the MDX, Q7 and XC90 and the MDX won without too much thought. And the value is outstanding for what you are getting.

Not a minivan
By New to Acura on 12/31/06 17:57 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I told my wife the MDX had seating for 7, and she said we bought a minivan. I don't think so. With the more aggressive styling, and exceptional handling, this absolutely will not be confused with a van. While not in the SUV class of my old 4Runner, I've come to the conclusion my time spent off-roading is in the past. For the streets, you can't do better. The fit and finish is excellent, there is little road noise, and electronic capabilities (Nav, voice, and sound systems) of the car are outstanding.

Great mix of utility and fun
By Bob Crowe on 12/28/06 17:58 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling for SUV, plus plenty of room for this class vehicle. The electronics are pretty intense, but learnable and the car is full of amenities. Engine doesn't sound as sweet as most acura/hondas but it has plenty of power. The cabin is very quiet even at speed. Leather seating is quite comfortable.

Acura hits a home run - again!
By Dave on 12/27/06 13:17 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MDX - the first being an '02 Touring model with Nav. Drove it 77,000 miles with no problems. The '07 picks up where the '02 left off - more power, more comfort, and improved body styling. The Tech package provides a whole new level of controls that are voice-activated and user friendly. No more touch-screen input. I'm absolutely delighted with this vehicle.

What a great car!!
By Barry on 12/25/06 08:24 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology, Entertainment Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After a couple of months, of trying to convince my wife to trade our 2004 Lexus GX 470, I finally wore her down and we (she) reluctantly bought the Acura. One of my concerns was moving "down" to an Acura from a Lexus. I was extremely wrong, this is one high tech machine, the navigation system offers more features, but is much more user friendly than the Lexus, The entertainment package gives the kids the option of listening to their choice through the headphones while the adults can listen to something different through the speakers & handling on this car is unbelievable. You can even set the doors to lock/unlock at the speed of your choice & the remote to open 1 or all doors w/ 1 touch.

My First Acura Vehicle
By JayT. on 12/19/06 16:12 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Acura vehicle, I previously owned a BMW coupe & am a current owner of an Odyssey. I primarily got this vehicle because of the value that was packed into this model. Comparing it with a BMW X5 (07- 3.0), this was a much lighter vehicle, lower cost & easier to handle. The ride was also quiet and the seats are comfortable. The third row seats' leg/shoulder room is better than the competition. Middle row seats are very comfy for the two outer most, however the middle one is not good for long travel. The driver seat is excellent in holding the driver and power seats have lumbar support. The sound system rocks! Navigation is easy to use & voice commands are very convenient.

First new car in 12 years
By First new car 12yrs on 12/17/06 19:20 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD w/Sport Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The car is just beautiful. I got the black cherry pearl sport, fully loaded. It's like being strapped into a rocket, what power and handling. The fuel consumption is higher than I expected but I was told that it would take several months before the true fuel consumption is realized, I hope that's true. I love XM and if you love music like I do, I would highly recommend getting the navigation just for this option. I haven't tried the sport driving feature yet and probably will not use much in the future. I got the sport just because of the upgrade in leather. The parchment interior looked too yellow, put with upgrade to sport, the leather looks much softer and not so yellow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.