Used 2007 Acura MDX Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Snow machine!
By nregier

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We love our MDX Sport. Smooth, powerful, stylish, great looks, handles like a sports sedan. We've had lots of snow and ice lately and this Acura handles it like a champ. The vehicle stability control, ABS, big tires, and 300hp V6 make for a formidable all weather machine. Driving it inspires confidence. We get 14mpg in city, best ever is 24 on highway.

Favorite Features

Interior quality and leather. Sound system, power, exterior looks - from any angle, luxury feel, handling, Ease of folding 3rd row seat. Incredible number of features. Super quiet on highway.

Suggested Improvements

More room in third row, allow entry and exit on both sides to third row, better heat and ac to rear.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Mark

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling and performance. Lots of room in a moderate size. Steering is too heavy. Way better value than comparable German models.

Favorite Features

Multiple storage areas. Beautiful dash layout. Great handling. Good cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is too heavy, needs more boost. Front styling is off. Leather seats and armrest stained from just normal sitting for 30,000 miles.

Fantastic vehicle, but a few quirks...
By Kat

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Acura. However, after putting about 10,000 miles on it during a cross-country move, we have found a few disappointing features. The leather seats are showing more "wear & tear" than I would expect for a vehicle this age. The leather quality in my Subaru is far better! The leather has pulled up from the center console and is loose. The radio is a bit quirky, as it resets the radio stations randomly to the factory settings (and no, its not because of the Driver 1 & Driver 2 keys). The paint seems to chip VERY easily. A beautiful car altogether, though, and a smooth ride that easily pulled a large U-haul trailer through the Rocky Mountains!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, AWD, satellite radio, third row seat, reclining second row seat, rear A/C & heat

Suggested Improvements

better quality leather, better exterior paint, move exterior temperature gauge to center display

Excellent SUV
By Satisfied in TX

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I narrowed down our choice for a reliable, slightly used mid-size luxury SUV to the MDX. We made a great choice! We considered a Mazda CX-9, Lexus RX 350, Toyota Highlander and Volvo XC-90 and the MDX topped them all in our book. The MDX hugs the road incredibly better than any of the other SUVs, nearly driving itself most of the time. The power from the 300 hp V6 is at its best from 40-70 MPH and makes interstate driving easy & exhilarating. The interior quality far exceeds the other SUVs out there and it's tough to pass on Acura (Honda Motors) storied reliability and low maintenance. Gas mileage is average compared to others above, but the extra performance is worth it!

Favorite Features

300 hp V6, SH-AWD, interior quality and design. The excellent handling has got to be my favorite part. It's an SUV that drives like a sports car. ROOMY second row seats that recline (not much, but a little helps!)

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage would be great, but performance comes with costs.

Love it!
By AB

2007 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased Acura MDX in February 2007. Loved it from day 1. It is stylish, sporty, and everything I could have asked for. I can drive alone, or load family and friends and still enjoy the ride. The one thing I don't like in Acura MDX are the front wipers. They stink! The wipers started jumping within few months of my buying the MDX and Acura could not fix it. So I am living with it. My transmission failed once and they fixed it because it was under warranty. Anyway, I think MDX is a great car. I love every bit of it.

Favorite Features

Sporty style, looks, 7 seats.

Suggested Improvements

Front wipers, rear view camera should be standard.