2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Great trip car
By Cat on 04/08/10 07:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Love the MDX, it is very comfortable on the highway. We are averaging around 21 mpg in mixed driving. We bought ours used and have had a problem with the driver's side mirror rotating down in reverse, then not coming back up to the correct position. Also, after driving a Lexus RX300 the steering in this SUV makes the SUV feel heavy, not as nimble as the RX300.

2007 Acura MDX
By Love it on 01/27/10 12:29 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After a long exhaustive search for a luxury SUV which was not too big and not too small, we found the MDX. We purchased our 2007 MDX used but in like new condition. Could not be happier with the performance, style and overall handling of this vehicle. This performance vehicle is quick, agile, easy to drive and stylish all in one package.

Second Acura and keep coming back
By MDXOWNER on 12/19/09 18:34 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Acura (first was a 2005 TL) and I purchased the MDX for my wife because we needed more room for a growing family. It’s been two years and it still turns heads on the road (even mine after I park it) because the styling is simple, yet screams “I have 300 hp under this hood”. Overall, you cannot go wrong with the Acura brand from a prestige, reliability and value standpoint. The MDX is upscale and it’s easy to scoff at BMW or Mercedes because of the superb value of the MDX. Acura has simple options and doesn’t hold you hostage with multiple ‘option packages’ in order to get what you want.

07 MDX / Tech pkg.
By Don on 12/17/09 13:25 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new MDX in 02 and was very happy with it. The few things I didn't like were resolved in the 07 redesign. For a sport ute I'm happy with the ride quality, reduced road noise, seat comfort, power and handling. At 38 K miles the AC quit but was repaired under warranty. The 1st of 4 Acuras to ever go in the shop for a repair. I don't like the vertical spoke at the bottom of the steering wheel where my hands want to rest on long drives. I think it's a bargain relative to the price of the BMW or Porsche.

Drives like a dream
By mnozek on 04/06/09 08:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Japanese SUV we have had in a while. Last SUV's were Yukon XL and Envoy XL. This beats them out by far. Performs almost as well as our Mercedes e class but has the utility of our Envoy. We always take this on trips and it is very comfortable. The third row is great for smaller children but not so much for adults. Best SUV so far. No problems within our almost 2 years ownership.

Fantastic
By TerribleJ on 01/01/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It is a fun SUV to drive. The engine is smooth, the white lights are super bright, the sound system is amazing and it does not feel like a big car behind the wheels. It handles amazingly well in the snow and would likely recommend it to anyone. I just went through a B1 service, oil change and tire rotation, which cost me $56. It seems fair compared to the maintenance on the Audi. We do a lot of highway driving and average 19 MPG and it took about 7500 miles before the service light came on. We have an Accord and Honda USA treated us well. We got rid of our Audi and went with a Honda product. We made the right choice.

Amazing!!! Love this car!!
By kellycrewmom on 12/13/08 15:40 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a realtor in Colorado and went up to Whale Rock Road in Bellvue to list a home. The owner said I would need chains to get up and down the hills. I took a chance and drove up the hill without any issues, used the manual transmission to drive down the switch backs and snowy, icey hills to "civilization" and the car basically drove me down. When I would've shifted it was already where I wanted it. I generally do not drive off-road and was amazed at the handling capability. This car is quiet, comfortable and stylish with plenty of room. (Love the storage and 3rd row seat when needed). I'm thrilled I have the MDX! Thank you Acura you have a fan, who is living to talk about it!

MDX - Best SUV on the Market
By Dr. T on 12/03/08 22:15 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I now have over 18,000 trouble free miles on my MDX. It is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. Very comfortable on long trips. Performance is even better with a K&N low resistance air filter.

Not so good
By bowie on 09/10/08 13:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my 2007 MDX with/Tech pack in August 2007. Do not like it. The acceleration is sluggish, and the engine is noisy. The tech gadgets function well, but you have to take 20 hours to read the manual to learn how to use them. The navigation system comes with a very old map and POI database. You cannot find any place built after 2004. The navigation system also does not take latitude/longitude. The $3000 navigation system is not better than a $150 portable.

Best in comfort and power
By fly on 03/02/08 07:25 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This suv has everyting from heads up display to nav. I love the mdx. I have taken the mdx on long trips and found the comfort level is 2nd to none. My wife will not fly so all our trips are on the highway. Highway miles per gallon 22-23 mpg @74mph city 17-18 mpg The only problem I find is the gas tank door sticks when cold.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.