2007 Acura MDX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Snow machine!
By nregier on 02/08/11 18:21 PM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We love our MDX Sport. Smooth, powerful, stylish, great looks, handles like a sports sedan. We've had lots of snow and ice lately and this Acura handles it like a champ. The vehicle stability control, ABS, big tires, and 300hp V6 make for a formidable all weather machine. Driving it inspires confidence. We get 14mpg in city, best ever is 24 on highway.

Best vehicle I have ever owned
By Mark on 11/10/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Great handling and performance. Lots of room in a moderate size. Steering is too heavy. Way better value than comparable German models.

Fantastic vehicle, but a few quirks...
By Kat on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

We love our Acura. However, after putting about 10,000 miles on it during a cross-country move, we have found a few disappointing features. The leather seats are showing more "wear & tear" than I would expect for a vehicle this age. The leather quality in my Subaru is far better! The leather has pulled up from the center console and is loose. The radio is a bit quirky, as it resets the radio stations randomly to the factory settings (and no, its not because of the Driver 1 & Driver 2 keys). The paint seems to chip VERY easily. A beautiful car altogether, though, and a smooth ride that easily pulled a large U-haul trailer through the Rocky Mountains!

Excellent SUV
By Satisfied in TX on 04/18/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I narrowed down our choice for a reliable, slightly used mid-size luxury SUV to the MDX. We made a great choice! We considered a Mazda CX-9, Lexus RX 350, Toyota Highlander and Volvo XC-90 and the MDX topped them all in our book. The MDX hugs the road incredibly better than any of the other SUVs, nearly driving itself most of the time. The power from the 300 hp V6 is at its best from 40-70 MPH and makes interstate driving easy & exhilarating. The interior quality far exceeds the other SUVs out there and it's tough to pass on Acura (Honda Motors) storied reliability and low maintenance. Gas mileage is average compared to others above, but the extra performance is worth it!

Love it!
By AB on 12/30/09 05:30 AM (PST)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I leased Acura MDX in February 2007. Loved it from day 1. It is stylish, sporty, and everything I could have asked for. I can drive alone, or load family and friends and still enjoy the ride. The one thing I don't like in Acura MDX are the front wipers. They stink! The wipers started jumping within few months of my buying the MDX and Acura could not fix it. So I am living with it. My transmission failed once and they fixed it because it was under warranty. Anyway, I think MDX is a great car. I love every bit of it.

2 years with the MDX
By wasatch7 on 04/13/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

First luxury crossover SUV I have owned. MDX won out over the Lexus, and cost less for a very well equipped base package. Handling, power and ride are outstanding. Back seats are a little less comfortable for my tall teenagers. Back cargo area is very roomy, and easily expandable with 3rd seat folded and back seats down. I drive up snowy, often treacherous mountain canyons to ski in the winter. The SH-AWD system, coupled with the manual shift mode (for descents), is outstanding. The MDX is much better in the snow than 3 truck base SUVs, I have owned previously.

An SUV with Dollar & Sense
By Dollar & Sense SUV on 04/24/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the car on January, 2007, have test driven X5, FX45, and Lexus; however, this MDX has out performed all these others by the quality, luxury, and value. Beautiful car, consistent build quality, powerful performance.

Disgusted Owner
By Disgusted Owner on 06/25/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been in the shop continuously. Driver door rattles, windshield leaks, interior trim was never fastened down, window regulator had to be replaced, steering wheel needed to be completely repositioned - one thing after another. I never thought an Acura would be this poorly built. The engine and handling is great, the interior is cheaply made and slapped together. Gas mileage is poor but it is an SUV. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. Dealer has worked hard to fix, but the factory sent them a lemon to sell me.

Nice dependable car
By Geo on 06/19/07 20:01 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I exchanged the 06 MDX for the 07 MDX. I like the exterior and the interior, compare to the 2006. The only problems is that with this 2007 the bumper front and back are plastic and makes the car look cheap. I do not understand on a luxury $40,000 dollar car they would install a plastic bumper. Also, the car has too much wind noise and the steering wheel is unconvertible.

Unbelievable
By pete on 06/19/07 14:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought this vehicle and it is best I've ever owned. 'm getting 18.5 MPG. For 300 hp, no complaints there. I got the base and added roofrack, crossbars, sport rails and daynight mirror and still came in literally 15k less than BMW, 7k less than Lexus (RX 350). Great ride, great warranty, great afterownership services through Acura. Safest SUV on road, Make this your last test drive and you will buy it; no other automaker can justify the price difference.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.