Very nice but not without headaches
By IgnatiusReilly on
2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought my CPO MDX about a year ago. I drive mostly city/highway mix with a few long road trips here and there. The gas mileage in city driving is weak averaging around 14mpg, nowhere near the 17 mpg it claims. Pure highway driving has produced better results though getting 23.5 and 25 on two long highway trips. The interior is what sold me on the car. I'm 6'4 and this is one of the few cars that afforded me adequate seating room while still enabling an adult to sit behind me. It comfortably fits 5 full size adults. The all weather performance has exceeded my expectations. I was able to drive through 1.5 feet of snow without issue.
Favorite Features
Roomy interior - Good headroom though legroom is a little lacking if you like to slouch when you drive. Handles well in snow. Has acceleration when you need it though you pay a steep price in fuel economy. Stiff suspension gives the feel of driving a sporty car but doesn't handle potholes well.
Suggested Improvements
The engine noise is a bit annoying. Even accelerating moderately it will ride first gear to almost 4k RPM, which is probably why the city gas mileage is terrible. The stock Bose stereo has a terrible buzz in the rear which the dealer has not been able to fix.