Noise between 35 and 40 mph
By blondie21dj on
2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I am having a shuddering noise between 35 and 40 mph. It is usually when I lift my foot off the gas pedal and then go to accelerate. I took it to the dealership and they couldn't figure out what was wrong and I couldn't get the noise to duplicate. After reading several reviews on here, I figured out that it was the torque converter. I called Acura Client Services and reported the issue. They said they have not had a single person report this issue. Everyone needs to call and report this issue, so they can place a recall on this issue. They have recalls on 2005 and earlier but not 2006 as of yet. It appears to occur between 70k and 90k miles.
Favorite Features
It is a smooth ride, love the outside appearance, technology, 6 disc CD player
Suggested Improvements
Should provide a better warranty
By rkubs68
on 03/22/11 16:30 PM (PDT)

I have an appointment tomorrow with my Acura dealer. I brought my 2006 Acura MDX in for the same rumblestrip sound described by you and many others. When I brought it in at 57000 miles and 81000 mi., the dealer claimed they couldn't replicate the sound. At 90K, the technician identified the issue within 100 yards of test driving it. There certainly is an effort in my opinion to cover this one up. Too many people describe the dealer's inability to replicate the sound. I'll be seeking legal counsel if I am stuck with a $2300 bill for a replaced torque converter.