2006 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Great work horse

2006 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Review

Great work horse
By Bill's ToyTruck on

2006 Acura MDX 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought certified last year-had only 26k on it, due to some "shop time" having door and fender repainted and repaired. Use it as a music gear and trailer hauler, as well as my sole transportation. Great fuel economy (I average 19-20 mpg), even when hauling our 3,000 lb. Hi-Lo trailer. Also very solid build-no rattles. I put the transmission and power steering coolers on when I did the hitch, as Acura advises this. Also added a brake controller for the trailer. Put 9,000 miles on it and it's been great. Looked at new recently, but nothing hit me except the 2010 MDX at 45k. Can't justify banging up a new car that costs that much.

It's a great size-not too big, yet roomy. Love the certified warranty, XM, driving comfort, my new 19" chrome RDX wheels, fuel economy and the nimble quick turning ability that make parking this a breeze.

Would like to have a stiffer suspension for carrying loads. It's set up a bit soft-geared for comfort.