2006 Acura MDX Consumer Review: Love the MDX, hate the mileage

2006 Acura MDX - Consumer Review

Love the MDX, hate the mileage
By AED2491 on

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the MDX. I drove a company car for years, and switched jobs so I had to purchase a car for the first time in over 10 years. I purchased it due mostly to the fact that it was the best- fitting SUV for me. (I am 6'4" tall, so the leg room was what led me to the MDX). Looked at other mid-size SUV's (Toyota, Volvo, VW, etc.) and others were just too small for me. All the features in the car are outstanding!

Nav system is great. Sound system as well. On-star, XM (wish it had Sirius though), and the many other amenities like back-up camera, heated seats, steering wheel audio controls, voice- activation. Acura does a top notch job with this car!

Mileage is not what is advertised. I rarely get over 17 MPG, and it is advertised as 17 city/23 highway. But I suppose if you want to drive an SUV (and an Acura SUV in particular) you should expect that fuel will be expensive. Other than that, it is a great car!