Used 2006 Acura MDX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Great SUV for sedan lovers
By xprepairpro.com

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't wanting an SUV, I was really wanting a TL or an RL but room (2 kids now) means the 03 accord wouldn't cut it and the TL/RLs dont have much more room. I have never owned an SUV but have driven a lot at an old job. I didn't like the truck feeling of most SUVs so I didn't think the MDX would be so "car-like". I was quite surprised when I test drove it at the dealer. It had a lot of power and steering was very much like a normal car. I wasn't as attracted to the MDX so much for style. I like it very much, but still have my doubts about the front end. Hearing such good reviews and safety and reliability reports, I drove the MDX off the lot the day I test drove it.

Favorite Features

Navigation is easy drive is smooth but strong built very solid. no hollow feeling. SAFETY (5 stars all around in govt tests).

Suggested Improvements

Front end redesign, more powerful stereo (my stock accord sounded much better), pop the trunk lid from inside, needs 23mpg for real.. not epa estimates

Buy another brand
By The Foxer

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have owned a 2001, and 2003 MDX. Both have the same problem. The steering wheel vibrates at any speed above 65. Tires replaced, wheel bearings replaced, rotors replaced and turned several times, tires ground force balanced and nothing fixes the problem. AC quit and multiple other problems.

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Work on driveability and reliability

So Far So good.....
By Sam

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle for my Wife and now I am so jealous of her since she gets to drive it everyday. Overall car can't be beat as it has so much bang for the buck. Nav system is great and a lot of fun to interact with. Car drives incredibly smoothly and power is available as soon as you need it. I am having a hard time keeping the speed low during break-in. Owned 1 Acura before and loved the service and care of brand. Matches to any German brand in my books. Buy this car and you'll see what I mean.

Favorite Features

Nav System, Hands Free everything!, Comfort of the seats including rear, responsiveness, space for multiple family members.

Suggested Improvements

Auto locking doors when put car in drive, Auto windows for all windows instead of just driver.

The best SUV ever
By Tracy

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Granted I have only had my MDX for less than a month but I LOVE THIS SUV. It is the most comfortable, the most convenient interior vehicle I have ever owned. I have had 3 Lexus before this but now I am an Acura customer forever.

Favorite Features

The naviagation and rear backup camera are incredible. The interior seats are very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The exterior could be a little sportier.

Great Vehicle, but could use improvement
By Jim Haynie

2006 Acura MDX Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The vehicle is great riding higher than the Acura RL. Acura uses standards across all cars on items like placement of controls and heights of arm rests. However, this vehicle is clearly not the flagship car. The RL has much better features, but you can't put in a new TV in your RL. I love the vehicle but miss some of the features of the RL. MPG is closer to 14 city and 24 highway. Nice interior, but not as fit and trim as the RL.

Favorite Features

Height of vehicle is great with not too high and not too low. The vehicle is roomy, but not a tank to drive. XM and Blue tooth are okay, but not perfect. NAV was a must have for me, but the voice system needs perfecting. Folding seats provide the needed storage for trips and runs to the store.

Suggested Improvements

Gas MPG, Electric telescoping steering column, automatic rear hatch (what a pain), Clock should be on NAV screen too, Should show information from CD's and Radio like add-in radios, more features should be standard, need a hybrid model, sunglass holder was stolen!!, should be same as RL options.