Used 2006 Acura MDX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Acura Mdx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Acura MDX SUV

View reviews for a specific MDX model:

Very Pleased With This
By Bill

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I really wanted a TSX, but with the kids and boat, etc. that became impossible. I test drove this vehicle and could not believe it was an SUV. It handles (no kidding here) almost as good as my Audi A6 (don't laugh . . . really!) Very comfortable. Don't bother with the DVD package .. . you can buy each kid their own for a lot less. NAV however is well worth it. Surprisingly good voice recognition. Plenty of power (surprised here also. Bose system okay . . . Definitely get the Acuralink for Ipod . . . works GREAT. Some things don't make sense however, no lighted controls on steering, placement of clock . . . but next version expected to be better. A solid purchase.

Favorite Features

Nav System - Bluetooth - Acuralink Ipod Connector - Safety Record - Reliability - Smooth Engine - Good Cornering (For an SUV)

Suggested Improvements

Tiptronic Transmission, Lighted Steering Wheel Controls -HID Headlights -

I Love This Truck!
By LovemyMDX

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I saw this truck on the highway when it first came out and had to know what it was. I loved the look. Then I did research and found it was one of the safest SUV's with it's wide wheel base. When my husband and I went to test drive it I didn't. I just knew I loved it. So when I picked it up after ordering the color I wanted I enjoyed it more than ever. I just love driving this Truck. My 3 vehicles before were a 77' Camaro, 84 Trans Am, and a 93' Camry. It has great room for the kids and vacations. Plus it's very easy to clean.

Favorite Features

1. I love the seating 2. This has great horspower and handling 3. Everything is included in the price. 4. The heated rear view mirrors 5. The hidden compartment in the rear (car cleaners) 6. Quiet 7. All Interior lighting 8. Drives like a car!

Suggested Improvements

1. Make the middle row seating recline like the rear seating.

Unbreakable!
By Tracer

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It's a great drive, for a 'large' (it really is large, once you see it next to a CRV or something) SUV. Fuel-wise, we've been getting better milage on the highway than Acura states, in the city it likes to drink a bit. Car's a little on the slow side (compared to our other vehicle, the 2005 Acura RL) but it's very heavy of course. The car has never had problems, nothing ever breaks (unlike our previous Lexus, on which EVERYTHING broke within a year) and it just keeps going and going, especially considering my lead foot.

Favorite Features

Nav System, Voice Control, Seats, Service at dealer (no attacking you when you walk onto the lot!), good warrenties, and the engine is another Honda marvel, quiet yet powerful.

Suggested Improvements

Bit more space in the third row of seating, why 11 (!) cupholders for 7 people? A bit more oomph from the engine (Come on Acura, offer the new V10 as an option!!) would be nice.. oh, and not to forget, PLEASE put the SH-AWD on the 2007!

Dream come true in 4 wheels
By awesome car/price

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle at ryan's open road acura in New Bruinswick, NJ. the sales person Mark Gershmann was tremendously helpful and did the best he could to make the shopping experience a one of a kind. i bought the silver with black interior with navigation for $36,602 which included the $615 destination fee.(they threw in the splash guards for free) it was an awesome deal i couldnt refuse. the car dealer's instaquote system is great! The best price paid for the car.

Favorite Features

navigation system, xm radio, styling and dual exhuast.

Suggested Improvements

clock location, bigger nav screen just like the TL

Great SUV
By Jim

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MDX, and I think it is the best car out there.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, plenty of room

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better