2006 Acura MDX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific MDX model:
Love this Vehicle!!!
By paratrooper1 on 03/07/06 16:43 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav, Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I must have looked at every suv out there when we were in the market to purchase one. We have always liked the MDX but we just figured that we would find something that we would like better. Well, we didn't. We were going to get the Volvo XC-90 but it just didn't drive as nice as the MDX and the seats were not as comfortable and also it had very bad reliability ratings in Consumer Guide (as well as most of the European SUV's did). But as I said before it was just the perfect fit for us and what we wanted in a suv.

Great Vehicle, needs updating
By espoe on 03/02/06 19:46 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and I went into one kicking and screaming. But the need for a 3rd row of seats put me out of my long cherished German cars. I compared this Nissan's entire line, Ford Freestyle, Pacifica, Higlander Hybrid, you name it. I had narrowed it down to the MDX and the Highlander Hybrid. Highlander was nice but felt less substantial and a lot more plasticky. When I drove the MDX it was clearly different than the rest. The quality just made itself evident in the way the dealer handled the transaction, the silky smooth drive train, quiet, comfortable, full time 4wd, warranty and the rest of the ride made it a simple choice. Fuel economy is Ok. Needs Premium, ouch!!

Typical Acura Quality
By carolinaeagle on 03/01/06 19:38 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

3rd Acura owned - and there is just something about the fit/finish to an Acura that stands out. Love the performance and handling of the MDX - drives better than a lot of sedans. Interior design/layout is perfect. Love the quality that you see everywhere. Sage brush pearl is an awesome color.

What a truck!!!
By happyMDXowner on 03/01/06 19:03 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was in love with MDX since it come out in 99 and finally have one on my driveway. It proved everything I have expected and more. Very nice size, plenty of guts and excelent quality. Dealer was great too. Wife loves it too and it equally comfortable for both of us. Looked at BMW, Mercedes, and Lexus and MDX tops them all in my eyes. Great value, highly recomended for both men and women alike

3rd Acura - 2nd MDX
By SLS on 02/21/06 16:01 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Acura. Have always found these cars a great value for the money. Had my first 2002 MDX for 4 years and was looking for a new SUV but no matter how much research and test drives I did I kept coming back to the MDX because the price to feature and luxury ration could not be beat.

Love the MDX, hate the mileage
By AED2491 on 02/18/06 13:13 PM (PST)

I love the MDX. I drove a company car for years, and switched jobs so I had to purchase a car for the first time in over 10 years. I purchased it due mostly to the fact that it was the best- fitting SUV for me. (I am 6'4" tall, so the leg room was what led me to the MDX). Looked at other mid-size SUV's (Toyota, Volvo, VW, etc.) and others were just too small for me. All the features in the car are outstanding!

Fun to drive
By Gregory Volkov on 02/05/06 14:36 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is my second MDX. I love this car so does my family. For the price it is the roomiest and best SUV on the market. Fun to drive and easy to maintain.

TomO's MDX
By Tom on 02/04/06 00:41 AM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Nav (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We have had this car since June 05. The fit and finish is perfect Other than the less than perfect gas mileage I wouldnt change a thing. We only have 2200 miles on the car.

Repeat Acura buying
By Richard Roman on 01/14/06 13:55 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I find the MDX is fun and very comfortable driving, very responsive in accelerating when needed. I have had five of us riding in and the four said if they had the money, will go for MDX. This Acura is my third, 1987 Legend, 1998 4door Integra, and now 2006 MDX (no GPS touring).

Awsome
By Paul on 01/12/06 18:23 PM (PST)

2006 Acura MDX SUV Touring 4dr SUV AWD w/Entertainment System (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've driven over 10 vehicles for last 12 years and this MDX was the only one I purchased same one twice since 2001. Both were black exterior in 2001 & 2006. Strongly recommended for either wives or husbands.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.